We are Hiring!
We’re looking for an editorial intern who can commit to 20 hours a week in our Union Square office in New York City.
In addition to our website, we run a thriving suite of newsletters, tailored to specific progressive political interests.
Political news junkies will get real hands-on experience with a new venture, and get to participate in building its audience and growing its coverage.
The editorial intern will work closely with our staff identifying, pitching, and writing stories; conducting research and reporting; aggregating content; and helping to create and improve new features for our site. Interns will also be asked to do administrative tasks.
If you are entrepreneurial and fascinated by the excitement of a start-up, we offer an opportunity to work in a scrappy space, build a portfolio, and write on — and learn about — some of the biggest issues facing the country today and into the 2016 election.
Successful intern candidates will have:
* Superlative writing and editing skills.
* A deep understanding of and passion for news and politics, and a big appetite for online content.
* Good instincts for viral, shareable content, and newsworthy stories.
* Ability to think critically and creatively, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and be cool under pressure of deadlines.
* Working knowledge of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
* Experience with Photoshop and InDesign not essential but useful.
And yes, this is a paid internship.
If this sounds like something you want to pursue, email Sam Reisman at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter and a writing sample.