Washington (AFP) - President Joe Biden triumphantly declared that the United States is "on the move again" in a rousing speech to Congress Wednesday, calling for trillions of dollars to rebuild the post-pandemic American middle class and give new life to "forgotten" workers. Lauding the success of mass vaccination against Covid-19, Biden told Congress and the nation on primetime television that "in America, we always get up."
"America is ready for takeoff," said the 46th president. "We are working again, dreaming again, discovering again, leading the world again." Biden, who was celebrating the eve of his 100th day...
- Americans Loved Biden's Covid Plan — And Love His Jobs Plan ... ›
- New Poll: Biden Jobs Plan Favored By 73 Percent Of Voters ... ›
- If Biden Were Republican, Press Would Tout Him As ’The New Reagan’ - National Memo ›
- How Biden Is Reversing Four Decades Of Reaganism - National Memo ›
- Biden's Doing Very Well — But Here’s How He Might Do Better - National Memo ›
- Underestimate That ‘Senile’ Biden Guy At Your Peril - National Memo ›
- Smearing An Eminently Qualified Black Woman Is Business As Usual - National Memo ›