WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy nominated five members of his party, including Trump ally Jim Jordan, to serve on a special congressional panel probing the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, his office said on Monday. McCarthy is also naming Representatives Jim Banks, Rodney Davis, Kelly Armstrong, and Troy Nehls to the committee, a statement from McCarthy's office said. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier this month announced eight members of the committee, including one Republican, Representative Liz Cheney, who has been one of the mos...
- The Party Of Surrender...To Tyranny - National Memo ›
- McCarthy Decries 'Partisan' Jan. 6 Committee — Which Is Exactly ... ›
- GOP Leadership Betrays Bipartisan Deal On 1/6 Commission ... ›
- Gym Jordan Says Insurrection Occurred Because Democrats ’Normalized Anarchy’ - National Memo ›
- Republicans Abandon Capitol Riot Panel After Pelosi Rejects Jordan, Banks - National Memo ›
- Cheney Backs Pelosi's Rejection Of GOP Extremists For Jan. 6 Panel - National Memo ›