Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) complained on Monday that the FBI is investigating members of the pro-Trump mob who attacked the U.S. Capitol on January 6.
In an appearance on the Todd Starnes Show, Greene was asked by the host to comment on the recent vandalization of a statue of Christopher Columbus outside Union Station in Washington, D.C. Starnes attempted to connect the event to "antifa."
"They're out of control. But yet here we have the FBI targeting people that were at the Capitol on January 6," Greene replied. "And none of us agree with what happened at the Capitol, but they're acting as if that's the only riot that has ever occurred."
Washington police have arrested four people allegedly involved in spray painting the statue. By contrast, hundreds of people, including white supremacists and militia-affiliated individuals, have been arrested and charged with federal crimes following the rioting at the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob -- an unprecedented event involving an attack on the United States legislative body.
Before the January 6 attack, Greene promoted false conspiracies about the 2020 election being stolen and urged supporters to attend the "stop the steal" rally that preceded the attack.
Greene has in the past expressed support for anti-government militia groups like the Three Percenters.
Greene was removed from her congressional committees after social media posts in which she advocated for violent attacks, including the call to execute Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
From the April 19 edition of "The Todd Starnes Show":
TODD STARNES, host: It's a disturbing thing and especially with the amount and the level of violence we have seen, not just there, but we've seen it in other major cities, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, you name it, even in Washington, D.C., where they went after the beautiful statue of Christopher Columbus right outside of Union Station and tried to set it on fire.
MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE: That's right. Exactly. They're out of control. But yet here we have the FBI targeting people that were at the Capitol on Jan. 6. And none of us agree with what happened at the Capitol, but they're acting as if that's the only riot that has ever occurred.
They're completely ignoring everything that's happened all year long in cities all over America, and that still continue today and then you have Maxine Waters, a member of Congress, who's been in here probably longer than I have been alive, practically, and she's out there telling them, encouraging, inciting violence, stirring up the crowd so they get more confrontational which are her words.
And, so, she's completely out of control, she needs to be expelled, and we've got to hang on to this. And America wants this to happen.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Fascist Insurgency Persists With Merging Of QAnon And Militia ... ›
- Federal Judge Warns Trump May Be Held Liable For January 6 ... ›
- Sen. Hawley Loses More Major Donors Over Capitol Riot - National ... ›
- Greene Drops Plan For 'America First' Caucus After Backlash ... ›
- Rep. Greene Mocks Trans Pride Flag Outside Of Her Office ... ›
- WATCH: Notorious Racist Praises Rep. Greene In Jan. 7 Interview ... ›
- QAnon Rep. Greene Endorsed Murder Of Pelosi On Facebook ... ›
- Destroying Conservatism Will Be Marjorie Taylor Greene's Only ... ›
- After Chauvin Verdict, Greene Stokes Fear Of Black ’Terrorist Threat’ - National Memo ›
- Florida Man Confesses To Planning Capitol Breach On January 6 - National Memo ›
- Senate Judiciary Chairman Demands FBI Answer For Jan. 6 Intelligence Failures - National Memo ›
- VIDEO: Greene Insists Jan. 6 Insurrection ‘Was Not An Insurrection’ - National Memo ›
- Greene Aggressively Accosts AOC Outside Capitol, Raising Safety Concerns - National Memo ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›
- 'QAnon Shaman’ Lawyer Calls Capitol Rioters ‘Retarded’ And ‘Manipulated’ - National Memo ›
- Greene Claims Capitol Riot Defendants Are ‘Like Political Prisoners’ ›
- Did Greene Violate Federal Law In Her New SuperPAC Ad? - National Memo ›
- Greene Demands Biden Respond On Wuhan Lab Questions…By June 31! - National Memo ›
- Capitol Rioter Now Says He Was ‘Victim’ Of Internet Disinformation - National Memo ›
- Fearful Of Death Threats, Election Officials Resigning In Droves - National Memo ›
- Trump Gang Encouraged White Supremacists To Join Jan. 6 Action - National Memo ›
- Capitol Rioters’ Own Footage Powers New York Times ‘Day Of Rage’ Report - National Memo ›
- Greene Denounces Christian Churches As ‘Basically Dead’ ›
- GOP Extremists Plot Stunt For Jan. 6 ‘Political Prisoners’ - National Memo ›
- Anthony Aguero: Videos show ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene among ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene's Friend Took Part in Capitol Riot, Disputes ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Whines: Capitol Riot 'RUINED' Our Plot to ... ›
- Ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene participated in Capitol riots: CNN ›
- Close ally of Marjorie Taylor Greene among those in Capitol mob ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims Capitol Rioters Weren't Pro-Trump ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene removed from House committee ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent ... ›