That has it right.
Before the United States annointed him as leader of a leaderless country called Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai was known as a clever crook.
And now…. The REAL Cartoon of The Day!
[click image to enlarge]
Have a nice day!
“One way to make sure crime doesn’t pay would be to let the government run it.” – Ronald Reagan
Re: the cartoon. I don’t think GW can think that far ahead.
Re: Reagan quote. That kind of quote established my view of Reagan. A mildly amusing stand-up comic.
Have a great day!
Hey Metro! Bush is 10X smarter than Obozo, dude. Obozo without his TOTUS is exposed as a fool.
And Reagan had a great sense of humor that diffused his enemies nicely and endeared him to all of America. Reagan, above all others, strongly believed in the promise of America and the principles of freedom and liberty. Obozo is a good orator, not quite on Reagan’s level, but a good one with a teleprompter. The difference between them is that Obozo doesn’t believe in individual freedom and liberty. He has a collectivist view of the world which has been ingrained in his mind from a mother that was a radical leftist, a father who was widely known as an anti-colonialist and whom abandoned him, and a communist mentor that stuck with him from 10 – 25 ys. old until his [FMD] death in 1987. Clearly, you would never hear Reagan preaching class warfare nonsense like Obozo does every time his mouth opens.
Have a nice day, Metro!
“Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end, and no sense of responsibility at the other.” – Ronald Reagan
Bush 10X smarter than Obozo? Are you overdoing the Mai Tais? I would venture to guess that the number of people Bush is 10X smarter than would be approximately . . . oh, maybe . . . . none? Well, OK, maybe me. But that’s nothing to brag about. Reagan had eight years trickle prosperity down upon us. I think he was trickling something other than prosperity. You Right of Center folks like to make a big deal out of the teleprompter. Are you prepared to declare Reagan and many other politicians never use a teleprompter? Reagan’s handlers used to cringe every time he started ad-libbing because they had no idea what the hell he might say. When you say Obama is an anti-colonialist, are you saying we should be for colonialism? Don’t you ever wonder, if Obama is everything he is accused of being, how he juggles all these different personas? He is allegedly not a citizen of the U.S. but he is president of the U.S. and he has been able, through some mass conspiracy to pull that off. According to some, he was apparently picked at birth and groomed to become President. He is Kenyan by birth and a Muslim. But he is also a Communist and as such should be opposed to any religion. And the silliness goes on and on, led by another guy who thinks he is 10X smarter than anyone else, The Donald. Oh, and let’s not leave out another brilliant statesman. The one who ran ads during Obama’s first campaign calling him the worst candidate, ever! Then doubled down during this campaign with an saying that he overrated him. None other than Ben Quayle! Now, you want to talk about bozos . . . Face it, OMG. There are no politicians in Washington now and for many years now, who are 1X smarter than anybody.
Have a nice evening, but cut back on the Mai Tais.
Yes Metro. Bush is 10x smarter than Obozo. Obozo is clever, but not smart. They are different things.
Boy… you going off on a rant on this one, eh buddy? A couple of things…
1) Everything I wrote about Obozo is true. His upbringing was NOT a normal American upbringing. This has, without any doubt, shaped his thinking and who he is. His rhetoric is classic Frank Marshall Davis rhetoric.
2) Anti-colonialist refers to commonly held, mid 20th century, hatred for Britain or other strong countries who are percieved as having taken advantage of smaller countries. It’s really just another twist on a socialist, class warfare world view. This is why on day 1, Obozo took the bust of Winston Churchill, a gift to us after 9/11, out of the Oval office and shipped it back to the Britain insisting that we will not hold it or take it back. A slap in the face to our long allies.
3) Reagan’s years were awesome prosperity and massive job growth. The facts are there to see. Don’t believe the revisionist leftist freaks. Those were good years for you and America Metro.
4) Don’t be playing the “birther” card. I think he was born in HI, but I understand where the suspicion comes from when it is well known that he lived in Indonesia for 8 years and his mother may have rescinded his citizenship. He was raised a muzzy during that period, also. His deference to radical muzzies is obvious today.
Gotta run, my friend. Have a nice evening and pass my regards to Mrs. Metro.
“There are two things which a democratic people will always find very difficult – to begin a war and to end it.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville
1) Sorry, OMG, we are not going to agree on the intelligence level of GW or Obama. No matter what either of us say, it can only be a matter of opinion. You can argue that your opinion is is more fact-based than mine, but that would just be another opinion. The same applies to my opinion of Obama’s intelligence. Or lack of.
2) Given what the British and other strong countries did to smaller countries, why wouldn’t the citizens and smaller countries be anti-colonialist? Under the guise of helping these smaller countries, the stronger countries pretty much enslaved them instead. Putting yourself in the place of a citizen of one of these smaller countries, can you truthfully say you wouldn’t be anti-colonialist?
3) Reagan’s year were good. Awesome is a bit of an overstatement. But he didn’t do that by cutting taxes (in fact, he raised taxes), and involving us in two unfunded, and arguably, totally unnecessary wars. He also started a big climb in the deficit.
4) When I play the “birther” card, it’s not to accuse you of being one. But you also do nothing to dispel the rumors, even though you know they are pure BS. Suspicions have no relation to facts. They have to be proven true. How many other U.S. citizens have lived abroad? I have no idea nor do you. There is only more unfounded speculation that his mother rescinded his citizenship. I don’t think he is deferential to radical Muslims. But I would venture to say that “radical” does not describe the majority of Muslims. If you have a workable plan to eradicate radical Muslim terrorists, what is it? The world is looking for the answer. To attempt to deny non-radical Muslims the right to practice their religion in all ways that do not interfere with or attempt to supercede our civil laws would not be the American way.
OMG, there have been a barrage of anonymous e-mails circulating throughout the internet since before Obama was elected. One thing you will never find in them is a fact. Another thing you will never find is the real author. Many of them are falsely attributed to well-known people, i.e. Warren Buffett, Bill Cosby, Charles Krauthammer . . . a quick check of one and, if you have time, several sources, will soon reveal that these people never authored these scurrilous articles. Or they were taken from an original article and “expanded upon.”
In my opinion this has been the dirtiest, most low-down political campaign I have seen in my lifetime and I find it very off-putting. I am thoroughly disgusted with the whole current political process. I do not like to be put in the position of voting for someone I don’t really think is right for the job because the other guy is even less qualified. We are now faced with the very real possibility that Romney/Ryan will win. And nobody — not even you — knows what they will do if elected because they have never really explained what they will do. You will say the same about Obama, and I will agree with you. My attitude right now is, “I’m old, I won’t be around much longer. I have fought my battles and now I am tired and I am ready to just sit back and let what happens happen.
Well, I have gone on way too long here. Gotta get moving. We are preparing for our cruise. Leaving Thursday for Quebec,Canada. Don’t worry, I won’t be there long enough to get indoctrinated into their system.
Hope your weekend is going well. Say hello to Mrs. OMG for me.
Hey Metro… been away to upstate NY all weekend for my son’s hockey tournament. Always good times, but lots of driving.
1) As to intellect of GB and Obozo, correct… just opinion… but I’m right! 🙂 🙂
2) Anti-colonialist for an American person is odd, don’t you think? I didn’t grow up in a colonial world, you didn’t, and Obozo didn’t. But he did grow up in a world of anti-American influence as he himself has admitted in his own books. He preferred to hang out with the leftist professors and radical students. These are his words Metro, not mine. It’s very clear that Obozo is anti-American. You guys that have supported him think others are crazy for saying this, but I see not his rhetoric of today, but his past beliefs and influences combined with his current actions.
3) Obozo IS soft on radical muzzies. Go to YouTube and watch them in their own words. Search on “Shariamerica: Islam, Obama, and the Establishment Clause”
4) Reagan years were awesome. Growth in GDP of 7% for a while. 12 million new private sector jobs. He was able to get tax rates dropped from 70% top rate to 28%. Reagan’s one failure was believing Tip O’Neil that spending cuts would come following small eliminations of tax loopholes. Those cuts never came. Plus, Carter had decimated the military and Reagan built it back up. Military, by the way Metro, IS the number 1 purpose of the Federal Gov’t. All the others should be shredded before the primary obligation is touched. But that’s another discussion for another day.
Enough on the bullsheet. You may be lucking out as the weather on the east coast is supposed to be warm until Saturday/Sunday. Looks like it will be in the low 60’s and beautiful for that weekend in Maine, and as you begin to head south. If you’re leaving from Quebec City and going out through the Gulf of Sr. Lawrence, it will be colder, but you’ll be fine if you just stay at the bar at night time. 🙂 Send my regards to Mrs. Metro. You should have a great time.
Have a great day, my friend!
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville
Well, I don’t know if anti-colonialism is strange for an American. We were, after all, victims of British colonialism ourselves, weren’t we? But I would agree that it’s probably time to get past that. I was just a kid then. A benefit of being on this cruise is, the election will be over by the time I return. No more bullsheet ads and phony debates. Whatever happens, we will all have to live with it.
Thanks for your well-wishes and the weather update. And I will be certain to follow your advice on how to spend my evenings 🙂
Talk to you later.
And all this time I thought you were middle aged at that point. Boy… was I waaayyyy offf base! 🙂 🙂
And yes, it’s probably time to get over the colonialism thing… particularly since Britain’s been an ally for a hundred years. One other point… where Britain had taken over colonies, they used to do much better than they do now. Kenya is the perfect example. They were much better off under British rule than they are today. Even Obozo’s own brother says that very thing.
Oh well. So be it. And yes about the phony debates. I think the first one was the closest we have come to a real debate in decades. Throw out an issue and let them battle it out. The rest of this debate crap is just that… canned propaganda sessions. The only thing good about it is that America gets to see Romney for who he really is, not who Obozo and/or the left wing media has defined him as. Outside of that, it’s not worth much else. And I agree with you. I am tired of the politics thing. Do you have some extra space for a stowaway (me) on your cruise? I’ll bring you on mine when I go….. just sayin…. besides, you’ll need a friend at the bar when Mrs. Metro goes off to count sheep. 🙂 🙂
Have a great trip, Metro. I’ll miss our discussions while y0u’re gone.
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Ben Franklin
Therein lies the problem. No one knows how to properly run a colony anymore.
If I could get you on as a stowaway, I would. I’m sure we could have a great time at the bar. And I have no doubt that by the end of the cruise, we would probably have all the country’s solved. And one helluva hangover.
Keep up the good work. We’ll talk when I return. Right now Mrs. Metro is in “Omigod, we leave in three days and I’m not ready panic mode”. Which means that Mr. Metro will be getting yelled at a lot and have lots to do also.
Is Mrs. Metro the same person as Mrs. ObozoMustGo?????? Hmmmmmmmm… we have warning system in my house for Mrs. OMG. It’s like the nuclear threat alert system. We call it the FOM system, aka the Freak Out Mode System. FOM Level 1 is doable. FOM Level 5 and me and the boys are running for the hills to take cover. It’s a very useful system to communicate the growing threat to life and limb for us boys. There’s 4 of us, but 2 of them. My little girl is always on mommy’s side. At FOM level 3, they are even handed with us, though. FOM Level 4 and we are getting beat hard. FOM Level 5…. GEEETTTTTTTT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! It always happens when we are getting ready to leave somewhere. Never fails. Grrrr…..
Here’s a picture in honor of your voyage – [sorry, it’s all I had]
Have a great trip, Metro!
“Stay away from FOM Level 5.” ObozoMustGo marital advice to Metro
Metro… Just heard about tropical storm sandy going up the east coast. Do u have trip insurance?
Yes, thank God, we do. I don’t know if Mrs. Metro has heard about that yet. If not, I don’t think I will mention it. That could immediately escalate to that dreaded level 5 panic mode. Thanks for the info and the concern.
Metro… you there?
Hey, OMG! I’m back. Sandy didn’t catch us. We didn’t go to NY or Maine. Went to Halifax instead. Then continued on the balance of our trip. One hitch. My sister-in-law took ill at the Tampa airport and had to be hauled away in an ambulance. Mrs. Metro stayed behind with her and I flew on home. They are supposed to be returning Thursday night. I have been busy cleaning out my inbox. 793 messages. I instantly disposed of all but 93. Talk to you later.
Good to see you Metro. I was worried about you. Glad to see you are well, my friend.
Metro….. You there? Are you OK? Let me know how you are. Last we spoke, you were heading into the hurricane.