For once, I’m glad an American president won’t negotiate with terrorists.
Please remember to tell your children how you didn’t care about the Trillions in debt you left them, just kept on Spending and even after Republicans agreed to raise taxes, Obama & you just won’t stop Spending. Won’t even responsably have off-setting Spending cuts to go along with raising the Debt Ceiling? When S.S., Medicare, Medicaid, our Interest on our Debt take ALL of our money, tell us please, what the hell will you do then?
What a fool you are, I’m not going to tell you where the dept came from because i’m sure you would never understand.
Are you still alive? Just curious, asshole.
I guess you should have thought about that before you shot your load, bucko. Your kids getting buried in debt is your problem. Even if you used my sperm to continue your pissant ancestry. Get a life or die. Either way, don’t matter to me, Jizmmm
That just goes to show the intelligence of the RIGHTIES! They will do anything to support their idiocy & their failed ideas.
And now…. the REAL Cartoon of the Day!
[click image to enlarge]
Have a nice day!
Sen. Barack Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006 — “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
Replying to ObozoMustGo –
The debt limit was increased multiple times during the binge years of George the Second, with little regard to the National Debt.
Now, the so called “FISCAL CONSERVATIVES” are howling at the moon about run away debt, and blaming it all on President Obama.
WHERE WERE THEY DURING THE LARGEST INCREASE IN DEBT, COUPLED WITH THE LARGEST TAX BREAK, (READ THAT “WELFARE FOR THE WEALTHY”), IN HISTORY?
Running up the National Debt, of course. And obeying the words of Dick, George’s trusty sidekick. “RONALD REAGAN TAUGHT US THAT DEFICITS DON’T MATTER!”
The only time the National Debt is a problem is when there is a Democrat in the White House.
Simple math, Jimmy boy, shows that Obozo is 2 to 3 times worse than Bush, who was bad. Obozo ran up the debt $6 TRILLION in less than 4 years. His own projections put the debt at $22 TRILLION by the end of his next nightmare term. Bush, in 8 years, ran the debt up a little less than $5 TRILLION with most of that coming after Piglosi and Reid took over the Congress in Jan. 2007.
So, here we go Jimmy boy…. let’s do simple math…..
Is $5 TRILLION that $6 TRILLION?
Is 4 years than 8 years?
Come on Jimmy boy…. you can do it…. it’s simple math. I know that’s hard for you leftist freaks who make sheet up as you go to fit your situation, but this should be easy even for a moron like you.
The only problem with your repetitive claim is that with the exception of the stimulus package, which cost less than $1T, the rest had nothing to do with President Obama. The $6T in new debt was caused by (1) revenue losses as a result of the Great Recession that began in late 2007, (2) increases in unemployment benefits as a result of the Great Recession, (3) moving the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars from unfunded liabilities to general funds, where it should have been all along, and (4) increases in debt interest payments.
Dommy… don’t be so stupid as to believe that crap. Obozo’s team fabricates those lies and you lick it up like a dog eats his own vomit. It is completely fabricated.
1) Obozo voted for TARP in Oct. 2008. Most all of that has been paid back anyway.
2) Obozo jammed through nearly $1T in so-called “stimulus” and then baselined that amount into annual spending.
3) Obozo’s annual deficits have averaged $1.5 TRILLION.
4) Just because Bush’s war financing was done on a supplemental basis does NOT mean it it does not hit the budget for the year. Of course it does, you moron. It just means that it’s not part of the OMB PROJECTIONS… that’s right…. PROJECTIONS that are scored when the President and Congress do their annual budget. But it most certainly does hit the annual figures for spending. BTW… Obozo wouldn’t know a single thing about doing a budget, would he? He’s never done one.
It’s all on his watch Dommy. Can’t run away from the truth. And now we have it right here documented in black and white for all to see what a raging hypocrite the piece of sheet Obozo is. Read his quote again, Dommy.
1) The Troubled Assets Relief Plan (TARP) was proposed by President Bush in 2008 when he admitted the U.S. economy was on the verge of collapse. The TARP was drafted by Hank Paulson, Bush’s Treasury Secretary, and signed by President Bush on 10/3/08. Since that bill was signed after 10/1 it appears in the FY09 budget, and the GOP does not hesitate to blame it on Obama. 2) The stimulus package was, indeed, proposed and signed by President Obama. Without it, and Bush’s TARP, our financial institutions and our economy would have collapsed. 3) The amount of the budget deficits during Obama’s tenure reflect the appropriations and spending authorization given by Congress. With the exception of the TARP and the Stimulus Package, everything else is either programmatic, the result of the Great Recession, the decision to move the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to general funds, and the effects of the 2001 and 2003 tax breaks. 4) Funding for the crusades was provided – off budget – using Executive Orders. The cost was hidden under unfunded liabilities and did not appear in the budget/national debt, until their cost was moved to general funds, where it should have been all along. Most importantly, appropriations and spending are a congressional function. If they are concerned with the level of spending all they have to do is defund specific programs and inform the President accordingly. Do you know why they don’t do that? Because they are a bunch of cowards. Republicans object to any cuts in Defense. The bulk of Federal government outlays involve Social Security, MEDICARE, MEDICAID, interest on the debt, and unemployment benefits. The rest could be eliminated in its entirety and we would still be running a deficit. Americans have to make a decision, either pay for the services we get, or do without. Unfortunately, members of Congress are well aware of the fact that we demand continuance of what we are getting, which leaves them with the dilemma of continuing to fund programs they hate without the money to pay for them.
Once the cost of the two TRILLION DOLLAR wars that were started under George the Second are added in to the total, the numbers start to make more sense. (You do remember them, don’t you? The ones that were started OFF BUDGET.)
Added to that, the collapse of the housing market that occurred under the watchful eye of George the Second, and the WELFARE FOR THE WEALTHY that MASSIVELY reduced revenues, ignoring the TRIGGER that was to be imposed if revenues dropped too much to sustain the National spending binge that George the Second started, the implosion of the financial markets, as well as many other items that trashed our economy, that the “CONSERVATIVES” like to conveniently forget, and yes, I would rank President Obama against George the Second any day.
The economy is improving, although there is a massive amount that needs further improvement. Employment, although not robust by any standard, is HUGELY better under President Obama than it was under George the Second, and most other areas are getting better.
Also, the first budget under President Obama was inherited from George the Second, and contained the FIRST EVER Trillion Dollar deficit.
Compare that to the budget handed to George the Second, which included a small, by government standards, reduction in the National Debt.
The problem now is that there are systemic financial problems that were the direct result of reckless spending by Dick and George.
Senator Obama was correct. The reckless spending and the ‘DEFICITS DON’T MATTER” attitude of George the Second and his trusty sidekick, Dick will be a huge drag on the economy for many years to come.
However, the debt will increase wether we raise the debt ceiling or not. The only question is – WILL WE PAY FOR IT OR NOT?
Jimmy boy, I’ve told you once and I will tell you again… the wars were NOT off budget, you dope. The funding for them was done mostly through Emergency Supplememtal Appropriations outside of the annual Omnibus budget process (which Obozo has NEVER done by the way). Just because the spending is done through ESA’s does NOT mean it is OFF budget. That is a lie that you leftist freaks have been repeating over and over and over and over and over, but it’s simply not true. You have bought the lie because it suits your support of your political party, but that doesn’t make it true. Look it Jimmy boy. You will see that I am right.
Obozo’s spending of $6 TRILLION to run up the debt further is Obozo’s. He owns it, you dope. You’re just too much of an Obozo zombie and low information voter to believe the truth.
The debt ceiling was raised 18 times when Reagan was in office, and 7 times during the Bush II tenure. The most important part to remember, however, is that Presidents propose, sign or veto the bills passed by Congress. Presidents don’t have the authority to appropriate funds or authorize spending. That is a congressional function. Therefore, if anyone wants to blame someone for being big spenders, talk to your congressman and senators!
Replying to Dominick Vila –
Don’t you love it when a mentally deficient, faux intellectual, insinuates that you are stupid for quoting facts, when his “facts” are fabrications of the TURD PARTY?
Bozo is always good for a few laughs!!!
One of the best cartoons I’ve ever seen on this site. Can’t wait for Bozo to add some insane blather and quote someone he knows nothing about. And, of course, some ridiculous cartoon he finds online that only proves that he really is a condescending faux intellectual.
Jimmy boy…. the quote is from your messiah, Obozo. Here it is again. Soak it up, Jimmy boy.
And your point is?????????????????????????????????
Favor for us all
Take your meds and find something else to do in your spare time instead of passing on your GOP old, old, used up and dead and dying right wing crap on these pages.
Republican’s are jerks.
And now the real cartoon of the day:
“ObozoMustGo, the clown”
So funny how Obozomustgo and his ilk are always using the “passing debt on to our children and grandchildren” crap. It’s as bad as using the flag or our troops as an excuse for everything. They didn’t give a rats a$$ about the debt and their children/grandchildren when George W. Bush was spending us up the yazoo. We’re not buying this garbage. If the GOP want to shut down the government, go ahead – but the GOP will be the ones America will blame.
Crisis such as the Fiscal Cliff and the National Debt Ceiling exercises are used to divert attention from their inability to offer a plan on how to achieve their purported goal of reducing spending, balancing the budget, stop borrowing and reduce the national debt. I expect Boehner to come up with offers to raise the debt ceiling…including demands to reduce spending, without saying how to achieve the latter. They believe they have a winner with the debt ceiling exercise, and they are willing to damage the financial credibility of the USA if that is what it takes to undermine the ability of Barack Obama to govern, reduce the size of government, and get rid of the social programs they love to hate.
Declare fatwah on house republicons!
I tell ya, we should’ve voted as many of them out in November when we had the chance. Now we’ve got to wait until 2014. America can’t wait! Hurry 2014!
The problem with representatives is that they don’t represent that many people.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.