By Tobias Carroll
In 2017, the Trump administration took a dramatic step regarding Bears Ears National Monument, located in southern Utah. As reported at the time, the then-president arrived in Utah and announced that the size of the national monument would be reduced by 83 percent. And while public sentiment was overwhelmingly opposed to this decision, the government's plan went ahead — affecting both Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments.
But what one administration can do, another can undo. Following the recommendation of Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland, Presiden...
- Trump Slashes Size of Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Monuments ... ›
- Bears Ears monument being restored after Trump downsized it : NPR ›
- Trump reductions to Bears Ears National Monument: what remains ... ›
- Presidential Proclamation -- Establishment of the Bears Ears ... ›
- Bears Ears | New National Monument | Visit Utah ›