Reprinted with permission from ProPublica
The man's smartphone camera pans the crowd on the east side of the U.S. Capitol. It's smaller than what had amassed on the west side, but still an impressive sight. As he pans from atop the steps, he gives a front-line dispatch at 2:10 p.m., an hour after President Donald Trump had finished his remarks goading on the thousands of supporters who had come to Washington to protest the official certification of his electoral defeat.
- FBI Warns Against Far-Right Violence In Every State Over Coming ... ›
- Secession And Martial Law Obsess Right-Wing Media Outlets ... ›
- Apple, Amazon, And Google Drop Parler For Permitting Far-Right ... ›
- Parler Is The New Gab — A Far-Right Hive Of Scum And Villainy ... ›
Start your day with National Memo Newsletter
The opinions that matter. Delivered to your inbox every morning
"Wendy Davis says Trump supporters harassing a Biden bus in Texas should have served as a warning before U.S. Capitol riot" was first published by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them — about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.
Nine weeks before invaders violently took siege on the U.S. Capitol, President Donald Trump's zealous supporters swarmed a Joe Biden presidential campaign bus driving through Central Texas, waving "Make America Great Again" flags, shouting profanities and ultimately frightening those on board enough that Democrats canceled multiple campaign events that evening.
- Biden: Trump's 'Mob Of Thugs' Got Off Easy Because They're White ... ›
- Trump: Texas 'Patriots' Who Ambushed Biden Bus 'Did Nothing Wrong' ›
- FBI Investigating 'Trump Train' That Ambushed Biden Bus - National ... ›
- WATCH: 'Trump Train' Vehicles Ambush Biden Bus On Texas Freeway ›