Reprinted with permission from Alternet
President Donald Trump once again is dog-whistling to his base. While delivering a campaign-style speech at a Michigan Ford auto plant that's been retooled to manufacture personal protective gear, Trump decided to take a walk into history and praise the company's founder, the infamous anti-Semite Henry Ford.
Henry Ford gave America the Model T, mass production, and after death, the non-profit Ford Foundation, but he also was an anti-Semite who reportedly blamed Jewish people for World War I and World War II, published anti-Semitic propaganda, and was a Nazi sympathizer.
On Thursday, Trump praised the anti-Semitic Nazi sympathizer for having "good bloodlines."
Social media users grew furious.
- Who Applauded Trump's Helsinki Show? Neo-Nazi David Duke ... ›
- Why Trump's 'Nationalist' Rhetoric Incites Neo-Nazis - National Memo ›
- Why Did Donald Trump Jr. Post A Nazi Frog On Instagram ... ›
- White Nationalists “Hail” Trump With Nazi Salutes – And Team ... ›
- Obama On Trump: His Ideas Are 'Uninformed Or Outright Wacky' ›