Washington (AFP) - US President Joe Biden -- who pledged transparency around his personal finances while in office -- and his wife Jill Biden reported a bit more than $600,000 on their federal tax returns for 2021, the White House said Friday.
The couple paid $150,439 in taxes on $610,702, for a tax rate of 24.6 percent, the White House said.
In publishing their tax information, the president and first lady -- the first to work outside the White House, as a professor -- are bringing back a custom dating back to the 1970s but interrupted by previous president Donald Trump.
Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband Doug Emhoff declared a 2021 income of $1.6 million on their federal returns, and paid a tax rate of 31.6 percent, or $523,371.
- Fact-Check: Donald Trump Can't Release His Taxes While Being ... ›
- Trump urges judge to block IRS from handing over his tax returns to ... ›
- First Thing: Trump's tax returns finally released, just in time for ... ›
- Trump's Taxes Show Chronic Losses and Years of Income Tax ... ›
- Yes, Joe Biden has released 22 years of tax returns online - PolitiFact ›
- Biden releases his tax forms, showing that he and his wife, Jill Biden ... ›
- The President and Vice President release their 2020 tax returns ... ›