Start your day with National Memo Newsletter
The opinions that matter. Delivered to your inbox every morning
The U.S. Army falsely denied that Lt. Gen. Charles A. Flynn -- the brother of disgraced former national security adviser and close Trump ally Michael Flynn -- was involved in a "key" Pentagon meeting on Jan. 6 to deal with the mob of terrorists that attacked the Capitol, according to The Washington Post.
"Charles Flynn confirmed in a statement issued to The Washington Post on Wednesday that he was in the room for a tense Jan. 6 phone call during which the Capitol Police and D.C. officials pleaded with the Pentagon to dispatch the National Guard urgently," the report said. "But top Army officials expressed concern about having the Guard at the Capitol."
- Flynn Should Be Subject To Court Martial For 'Inciting Insurrection ... ›
- Justice Department Reportedly Warned Trump On Flynn - National ... ›
- Release Of Flynn's Official Pardon Reveals Its Corrupt Purpose ... ›
- By Pardoning Flynn, Trump Underlines General's Guilt — And His Own ›
- Why America Must Hold Mike Flynn Accountable - National Memo ›
- 'Totally Appropriate': Trump Insists Speech Inciting Capitol Riot Was ... ›
- Michael Flynn's brother was present on a call discussing the military ... ›
- Why did Army repeatedly deny that Michael Flynn's brother was ... ›
- Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn | AUSA ›
- WaPo: Meeting on military response to Trump riot included Mike ... ›
- Army falsely denied Flynn's brother was involved in key part of ... ›
- Capitol riot: Army now acknowledges the brother of Michael Flynn ... ›