Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis continued to push his dangerous anti-vaxx policies and his promotion of expensive treatment versus prevention, announcing that "it really doesn't impact me or anyone else" if someone gets vaccinated, which is false.
"I don't want a biomedical security state," said the GOP governor, whose state now ranks 26th in full-vaccination rate of those 18 or older.
"At the end of the day, the vaccines have helped people ward off severe illness, and you know, we obviously worked very hard to distribute it. At the end of the day though, it is what somebody, it's about your health and whether you want that protection or not, it really doesn't impact me or anyone else because we've seen the data on that."
The coronavirus is transmitted through the air.
A study published in July in The New England Journal of Medicine finds that vaccinated individuals "are likely to be less contagious than unvaccinated people and don't transmit the virus as much to others," WebMD reports.
More vaccinated people mean less infections, more hospital beds, fewer cases of long-term COIVD, fewer deaths, and less chance of new strains or variants cropping up.
- Defensive DeSantis Whines: 'I'm Sick Of The Judgmental Stuff ... ›
- Remember When DeSantis 'Won The Pandemic'? - National Memo ›
- DeSantis Following Trump's Failed Pandemic Playbook - National ... ›
- DeSantis Leads Florida Into COVID Hell As Cases Hit New Record ... ›
- New York Times Puffs DeSantis — And Blisters Biden - National Memo ›
- So, Ron DeSantis Wants To Be President - National Memo ›
- Newspaper Exposes Fox News Collusion With DeSantis - National ... ›
- Florida: DeSantis Rejects Vaccine Passports As 'Completely ... ›
- Gov. Ron DeSantis Objects To COVID Vaccine Mandates At Hospitals ›
- 'Sellout': Anti-vax conservatives come for DeSantis ›
- Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Landmark Legislation to Ban Vaccine ... ›
- Opinion | Ron DeSantis, How Many Covid Deaths Are Enough ... ›
- How Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis's Covid-19 response became the ... ›
- DeSantis top donor invests in COVID drug governor promotes ›
- Florida governor issues order banning 'vaccine passports' ›