Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Capitol Police on Monday announced they arrested a 44-year-old Californian man outside the Democratic National Committee's headquarters in Washington, D.C., after he was found to be in possession of a machete and bayonet — both of which are illegal to possess in the District of Columbia.
Capitol Police pulled over Donald Craighead after noticing his vehicle did not have a license plate, but instead had a picture of an American flag where the license plate should be. It was then that they observed the bayonet and machete and subsequently arrested him for possession of prohibited weapons.
Craighead's car was decorated with white supremacist imagery — including a swastika — and he espoused white supremacist views as he responded to police officers.
This is the latest incident to occur near the Capitol following the January 6 insurrection, during which a mob of Donald Trump supporters violently broke into the building to stop the certification of President Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.
In August, a man was arrested across the street from the Capitol after he threatened to blow up the building unless Biden resigned, parroting lies from Trump and other Republicans that the 2020 election was stolen.
The latest arrest comes as the Capitol and surrounding area are on high alert, with supporters of the insurrectionists arrested on January 6 planning a rally on September 18.
CNN reported that law enforcement officials are bracing for violence at the so-called "Justice for J6" rally, which is organized by former Trump campaign aide Matt Braynard.
The DNC headquarters is steps away from House office buildings on the Capitol complex.
The building was targeted on the day of the January 6 insurrection, as was the Republican National Committee's headquarters, which is even closer to the House-side office buildings. Police found pipe bombs near both buildings.
Police have still not found the suspect behind the placement of those explosive devices. The FBI released footage last week of someone they think is the person who planted the explosive devices.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- New Texas Law Shields Online Hate Speech, Terror Threats, And ... ›
- FBI Warns Against Far-Right Violence In Every State Over Coming ... ›
- Trumpist Platform GETTR Delivers Terrorism, Furry Porn, And A ... ›
- Anti-Semitic And Racist Lawman Was Finalist For Sheriff Of Idaho's ... ›
- Poll: Americans More Worried By Domestic Terrorism Than Foreign ... ›
- Far-Right Terrorist Sought To Infiltrate Federal Law Enforcement ... ›
- Saturday’s Far-Right Rally In Washington Expected To Flop ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›
- White supremacist with bayonet and machete arrested outside DNC ›
- Capitol Police arrest man with bayonet and machete in truck near ... ›
- Capitol police arrest man with machete, bayonet in car painted with ... ›
- Man arrested with bayonet and machete near DNC headquarters in ... ›
- Capitol Police Arrested A Man Near The DNC With Weapons ... ›
- California man with bayonet and machete arrested near DNC ... ›
- Capitol Police arrest man with machete, bayonet in truck near DNC HQ ›