Reprinted with permission from Alternet
President Donald Trump's remarks at an Allentown medical supply facility are being pointed to as proof he not only opposes testing for coronavirus but doesn't understand why Americans need to be tested.
And he's getting royally rousted for them.
On Thursday Trump visited an Owens & Minor distribution plant, telling employees in a speech that testing is overrated.
"It could be that testing's frankly," he said, taking a long pause, "ah, overrated?"
"When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing, we would have very few cases."
Upon learning of the President's remarks, many mocked him for what sounded like a suggestion the would be less people infected with coronavirus if there were less testing.
Remember, kids: You don’t want a baby? Stay away from pregnancy tests! https://t.co/12t7g4sj0n— Quinn Cummings (@Quinn Cummings)1589486258.0
“Can’t get pregnant unless you take a pregnancy test” https://t.co/Fl1Y0reVcl— Aki Peritz (@Aki Peritz)1589485871.0
If we didn't do any testing, we would be blind to where the virus was spreading and unable to take effective action… https://t.co/JwtDK1emxx— Caroline Chen (@Caroline Chen)1589488438.0
If we didn't have no thermometers, there wouldn't be no whatchacallit globel warmin' https://t.co/RsYYkaHAwW— Stonekettle (@Stonekettle)1589488817.0
- Trump Promoted Faulty Abbott Virus Test At Least Six Times ... ›
- GOP Governor Blasted Trump's Testing Claims As 'Absolutely False ... ›
- Romney Scalds Trump Administration On Virus Testing - National ... ›
- Trump Invented Google's Coronavirus Test Website - National Memo ›
- Maine Factory Will Discard Virus Testing Swabs Produced During Trump Tour - National Memo ›
- 'I Don't Kid': Trump Denies He Joked About Slowing Virus Tests - National Memo ›