Oddsmakers Made A 'Killing' Off Trump Chumps During -- And After! -- 2020 Election
Offshore oddsmakers made a "killing" off of far-right Trump loyalists betting on the 2020 election, even after it ended, according to a Slate analysis.
Yes, even after Trump was declared the loser of the 2020 election, money from MAGA-touting Republicans kept pouring in, making the 2020 election the "biggest online betting event in at least American history," said the magazine.
"It was like taking candy from babies who deserve to have their candy stolen," said John Gruber, popular blogger and UI designer.
Exact numbers are not available because the offshore betting industry doesn't share its finals with the public, but Slate tells readers to "imagine how much money is wagered on the biggest sports events, and then go much bigger," in describing how much money came in to bookmakers via Election 2020 gambling.
The news comes after a weekend when Trump not only didn't concede, again, but went as far to host a screaming match in the White House, with far-right attorney and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell facing off against Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal attorney. Meanwhile the president mulled the possibility of imposing martial law, as suggested by his former national security adviser and convicted felon Mike Flynn, whom he recently pardoned.
- The Romney Stall: My $10,000 Bet - National Memo ›
- Betting Billions On WeWork And Other Bizarre Enterprises - National ... ›
- Internal Polls Show Trump Jeopardizing Safe GOP House Seats ... ›
- Election Forecasters and Betting Markets Now See Potential ... ›
- Best-Run Election In Decades — But Most Republicans Distrust The Result - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: GZERO Obtained Still More Tapes Of 'Perfect' Trump Phone Calls - National Memo ›
- Election Odds Indicate Biden Victory All-But-Certain Now ›
- 2020 Election Odds & Predictions: Sportsbooks Begin Paying Out ... ›
- Election Betting Odds by Maxim Lott and John Stossel ›
- Odds to Win the 2020 Presidential Election | Odds Shark ›
- Betting odds on the 2020 election are favoring a Biden win - Vox ›
- Trump election betting markets 2020: Offshore oddsmakers made a ... ›