President-elect Joe Biden said on Thursday that "the mob of thugs" who attacked the U.S. Capitol were treated much better than peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters have been.
"No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, they wouldn't have been treated very, very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol," Biden said in remarks delivered to the press.
"We all know that's true."
Biden went on to say that the disparity in treatment was "totally unacceptable."
In contrast to protesters who were teargassed in venues like Lafayette Square last June, the vast majority of the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol have been allowed to walk free and were not confronted by a large police presence.
Footage and photos from the event showed the attackers rushing after police and roaming through the halls of the Capitol with minimal police response.
From a January 7 press conference:
JOE BIDEN: No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, they wouldn't have been treated very very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol. We all know that's true.
And it is unacceptable. Totally unacceptable.
The American people saw it in plain view and I hope it sensitized them to what we have to do.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Watch: Biden Warns That Trump Will 'Try To Steal This Election ... ›
- Trump: Texas 'Patriots' Who Ambushed Biden Bus 'Did Nothing Wrong' ›
- GOP State Officials Threaten Violent 'War' Against Black Lives Matter ... ›
- The 1968 RFK Speech On Violence That Joe Biden Should Deliver ... ›
- Texas Trumpers' Assault On Biden Bus Previewed Capitol Riot ›