Reprinted with permission from DailyKos
This morning, on a bike ride—one of those physical activities I have yet to see the world's healthiest orange president do—Joe Biden was asked a question by Fox News' Peter Doocy: "Mr. Vice President, have you picked a running mate yet?" Biden, in response, answered "Yeah, I have." Doocy, believing he had a scoop, asked: "You have? Who is it?" Biden responded: "It's you," and continued to ride away.
The obvious truth is that it is incredibly likely Biden does have a running mate, but why give that to Fox New? Rather than accept the answer tongue-in-cheek, though, Fox News continued to report as though they had a big scoop on hand.
Let's roll the tape.
Doocy tries to salvage their reporting: "Okay, so he didn't know the follow up was coming, but he did answer with a direct 'yes.' He has picked a running mate."
Apparently too ashamed to admit that Joe Biden had just made them look like fools, Fox News continued with their "News Alert" until Biden's spokesman, TJ Ducklo, had to chime in with the obvious.
This incident establishes a few things all at once.
- Biden can clearly ride a bike, and the mask doesn't impede him, despite conservative claims;
- Biden can think on his feet fast enough to spin a Fox News reporter around and leave him in the dust;
- Fox News is still having a very difficult time landing anything on the Biden campaign.
P.S. Everyone who is ever asked the question "Have you chosen a running mate?" knows the follow-up is coming.
I could watch this over and over and laugh every time.
- As Biden's Lead Widens, Hysteria Seizes Fox News Channel ... ›
- Joe Biden's Most Important Endorsement - National Memo ›
- Yes, Voters Like Joe Biden — Because He Likes Them - National ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Joe Biden's Clarion Call For Justice And Unity ... ›
- Biden Is Cruising While Trump Is Losing It - National Memo ›
- Fox Hosts Say Story That Trump Slurred Troops Is ‘Fake’ — But Fox Reporter Confirms It - National Memo ›
- Fox News Promotes Sen. Johnson’s Salacious Biden Smears ›
- Fox News Whines Because Doocy Couldn't Ask Biden About Covid 'Conspiracy' - National Memo ›