Deluded Trump Regales Farcical Hearing In Gettysburg, Insisting ‘We Won By A Lot'
Reprinted with permission from DailyKos
Donald Trump's efforts to discredit the election results are descending into pure parody. But Trump, who is desperate to overturn Pennsylvania's certified vote, wasn't desperate enough apparently to appear in person at a Pennsylvania state Senate committee hearing alongside his lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who in recent days has had several close brushes with COVID-positive contacts, including his son, Andrew.
The Pennsylvania Senate's GOP's hearing on "election issues and irregularities," staged at a Gettysburg hotel ballroom, turned into sheer farce. Lit like vampires at twilight shortly before a nighttime feeding, Giuliani and chief campaign legal adviser Jenna Ellis hunched over a microphone as Ellis held her cell to a microphone so Trump could whip up some frothy election fraud conspiracies the likes of which America has never seen—and, indeed, America still hasn't seen in the most literal sense.
Trump, with his usual political savvy, came right out and admitted that he's trying to disenfranchise some 80 million Americans who voted for President-elect Joe Biden.
"We have to turn the election over," he said. "All we have to do is have some judge listen to it properly." But until Trump locates that special judge, he's logged a historic 1-37 string of post-election legal losses the likes of which America had truly never seen until now.
But that reality didn't stop Trump from thrilling his acolytes with fantastical tales of "many, many cases" of fraud.
"This election was rigged and we can't let that happen," Trump charged for the gazillionth time without providing a shred of evidence. "And this election has to be turned around, because we won Pennsylvania by a lot and we won all these swing states by a lot." Unless, of course, one consults the Keystone State's certified vote, in which Biden bested Trump by more than 81,000 votes.
Here's a brief glimpse of the event Pennsylvania Republicans, Giuliani & Co. teed up for SNL's next episode.
The president is deranged https://t.co/rLsQ22o5MU— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1606333767.0
Someone is calling Jenna Ellis while Trump is on her line. LET IT GO TO VOICEMAIL, JENNA! https://t.co/WPNoFJ2QPs— Sam Stein (@Sam Stein) 1606333846.0
"We have to turn the election over ... all we have to do is have some judge listen to it properly," Trump says. https://t.co/6KCh5OhD5g— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1606334076.0
- Trump Advisers Worry Over Giuliani's Fumbling Of Election Lawsuits ... ›
- Trump Campaign Still Looking For A Judge Who Will Ignore Facts ... ›
- Asked By Federal Judge To Prove Claims Of Fraud, Trump ... ›
- Pro-Putin Media Outlets Promote 'Election Fraud' Claims - National ... ›
- How Boss Trump Blew Up His Own Election Fraud Scheme ... ›
- MAGA Lawyer Insults Trump Judge Who Tossed Their ‘Fraud’ Case - National Memo ›
- Can Rudy Giuliani be disbarred for election lawsuits? - Business ... ›
- Voting Rights Litigation 2020 | Brennan Center for Justice ›
- Trump Election Lawsuits Filed So Far : NPR ›
- Why Newsmax Supports Trump's False Voter-Fraud Claims | The ... ›
- Trump calls into Pennsylvania hearing, rambles about voter fraud on ... ›
- The deep roots of Trump's 'voter fraud' strategy - BBC News ›