Start your day with National Memo Newsletter
The opinions that matter. Delivered to your inbox every morning
A Maryland anti-vaxxer is facing charges for threatening National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director Anthony Fauci over email-- going as far as to warn the face of America's COVID-19 response that he would be "hunted, captured, tortured and killed," among other things-- according to court documents that were unsealed on Tuesday.
According to the affidavit filed in support of a criminal complaint, Thomas Patrick Connally, Jr. committed two violations-- threatening a federal official and sending interstate communication containing a threat to harm, both of which are felonies.
The documents also include the absolutely deranged emails Connally allegedly sent to Dr. Fauci from late December of last year to as recently as last week.
"Hope you get a bullet in your comprised satanic skull today," read the subject line of one email sent on December 28, 2020.
In that email, Connally repeatedly refers to Dr. Fauci as an "elf," while describing in grave detail ways he wished the nation's top infectious disease expert would die.
Connally sent a second email that day under the same subject, encouraging Fauci to "put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger."
But the demented threats didn't end that day, as he sent a third email months later in late April where Connally wrote, "You will hunted, captured, tortured and killed, you sickening, vile, disgusting liar and fraud, you vile disgusting satanic elf."
Following this, he then sent a series of six emails threatening not only Fauci but also his family, according to the complaint.
In addition to terrorizing Fauci and his family, Connally also bombarded National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Francis Collins with similar manic emails threatening the life of the health official.
"Drop the 'mandatory vaccine' talk, maggot, or you're getting 6 mandatory shots in your worthless satanist [f-slur] skull," Connally wrote Collins. "You and your buddies Gates and Soros too, you sick little fuck. I'll smash every tooth out of your [f-slur] skull."
Connally used an email account from "ProtonMail," a secure, encrypted email service based in Switzerland, to send the disturbing threats to the two health officials, according to the affidavit. An investigation by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revealed that the account belonged to Connally.
Fauci has been the subject of an increasing number of threats since late last year.
"I've chosen this life. I mean, I know what it is," Fauci told NBC's TODAY Show in April. "There are things about it that are sometimes disturbing. But you just focus on the job you have to do and just put all that stuff aside and try as best as possible not to pay attention to it."
Connally is expected to have an initial appearance in a U.S. District Court in Greenbelt, MD tomorrow before Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ).
The DOJ also notes that, if convicted, Connally could face up to 10 years in federal prison for threats against a federal official and a maximum of five years for interstate communication containing a threat.
"We will never tolerate violent threats against public officials," said Acting U.S. Attorney Jonathan Lenzner in a press release. "Our public health officials deserve our thanks and appreciation for their tireless work, and we will not hesitate to bring charges against those individuals who seek to use fear to silence these public servants."
- Why Trump Will Remain A National Security Threat Even After He ... ›
- Fauci: US Might 'Still Have Polio' If Misinformation Had Hindered ... ›
- Fauci Slams 'Lying' Rand Paul Over False Pandemic Accusation ... ›
- Republicans Stirring Up Ugly Smears -- And Lethal Hatred -- Against ... ›
- Republicans Downplay Delta Variant Dangers — And Discourage ... ›
- Dr. Fauci And His Enemies - National Memo ›
- Why Dr. Fauci Has Honor — And George P. Bush Has None ... ›
- Fauci describes death threats, 'disturbing' letter filled with powder ›
- Fauci talks death threats, gay bathhouses with Terry Gross - WHYY ›
- Dr. Fauci says his daughters need security as family continues to get ... ›
- Maryland man charged for sending multiple emails threats to Fauci ... ›
- Man Facing Federal Charges for Allegedly Sending Threatening ... ›
- Covid: Dr Fauci reveals 'extraordinary death threats' received ... ›
- Dr. Anthony Fauci forced to beef up security as death threats ... ›
- Fauci on threats to his safety: 'I've chosen this life' ›
- Fauci Reveals He Has Received Death Threats And His Daughters ... ›
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) made clear Tuesday that she is targeting Donald Trump, the former President, and his administration as she delivered her opening remarks as the ranking member of the historic House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack.
Cheney said the American people must "know what happened every minute of that day in the White House."
"The American people deserve the full and open testimony of every person with knowledge of the planning and preparation for January 6," Congresswoman Cheney said.
"We must know what happened here at the Capitol. We must also know what happened every minute of that day in the White House, every phone call every conversation every meeting, leading up to during an after the attack, honorable men and women have an obligation to step forward. If those responsible are not held accountable. And if Congress does not act responsibly. This will remain a cancer on our Constitutional Republic."
During her remarks Cheney also asked, "Do we hate our political adversaries more than we love our country and revere our Constitution?"
"I pray that we all remember, our children are watching, as we carry out the solemn and sacred duty entrusted to us. They will know who stood for truth."
Cheney is a hard-core conservative with the bona fides of having a father who served two terms as a Republican vice president of the United States, a Secretary of Defense, and like his daughter, the chair of the House Republican Conference, and yet she has been all but kicked out of the GOP because she is willing to speak the truth about her own party's attack on the U.S. Capitol, the U.S. Government, and democracy itself.
- Jordan Should Be Called As Jan. 6 Witness — And Here's What ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Officer Pounds Table In Angry Testimony During ... ›
- Pelosi Names Liz Cheney And Others To Jan. 6 Select Investigative ... ›
- Cheney Backs Pelosi's Rejection Of GOP Extremists For Jan. 6 ... ›
- Why Do Mainstream Media Enable GOP Sabotage Of Jan. 6 ... ›
- McCarthy Decries 'Partisan' Jan. 6 Committee — Which Is Exactly ... ›
- Yes, There Is A Conspiracy - National Memo ›
- Pelosi Announces Select Committee To Probe Jan. 6 Insurrection ... ›
- Pelosi: 'Democrats Will Proceed To Find The Truth' About ... ›
- Liz Cheney will serve on committee that will investigate January 6 ... ›
- Liz Cheney's role on Jan. 6 committee grows after GOP pulls ... ›
- Liz Cheney Urges Inquiry Into Trump's Actions on Jan. 6 - The New ... ›
- Cheney calls select committee 'our only remaining option' and ... ›
- Liz Cheney Named To Jan. 6 Select Committee By Nancy Pelosi ... ›