QAnon Cult Split By 'Civil War' Sparked By Lin Wood's Attacks On Michael Flynn
According to The Daily Beast, the latest Make America Great Again (MAGA) intraparty feud involves Trump-loyalist and conspiracy-driven attorney Lin Wood and former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
Although Wood has a reputation for backing far-right conservatism and conspiracy theories, most recently he has faced scrutiny for attacking other well-known conservative figures and releasing incriminating audio clips.
During a recent segment of the podcast Fever Dreams, co-host Will Sommer shed light on the clash between Wood and Flynn. Per Sommer's report, the controversy surrounding Wood escalated when he released audio clips of Flynn. The incriminating audio reportedly featured Flynn's deeply critical remarks about the "pro-Trump conspiracy theory" QAnon being a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)-backed plot.
In the wake of Flynn's remarks, Sommer noted that “QAnon’s been very good to Michael Flynn. Some of them believe he’s Q… I mean this is a guy who is thick as thieves with QAnon. But privately, [he calls it] a ‘CIA operation. It’s nonsense.’ So this is a pretty big break from what he does publicly.”
The whole ordeal has contributed to a domino effect on other issues. Per The Beast: "As a result, pro- and anti-Flynn factions inside QAnon have been ripping into each other on Telegram and other right-wing social media platforms."
Sommer also expounded on the aftermath describing it as a form of "civil war."
“This has basically started a big civil war… including, I should say, the JFK Jr. people in Dallas. So they’ve all sided with Lin," Sommer said. "Michael Flynn, obviously, has his own adherents—but this has really, like, started a lot of drama."
He added, “They’re calling it a civil war but maybe it’s more like a prison riot… this has also set off a lot of people who have beefs with people on the other side, but that are totally unrelated to this. But now they’re seeing this as their opportunity to settle scores with their rivals… things are all on fire over there.”
- The QAnon Cult Isn’t Flaming Out - National Memo ›
- Michael Flynn Envisions ‘Myanmar-Style Coup’ In U.S. - National Memo ›
- Lin Wood Releases Michael Flynn audio calling QAnon a CIA ... ›
- Anti-Vax QAnon Supporter Whose Demand For Ivermectin Fueled ... ›
- More Trouble With QAnon: Lin Wood Says 'Stop The Steal' Is A ... ›
- Trump Allies Turn on Lawyer Lin Wood After Pence Execution Tweets ›
- Michael Flynn heard admitting QAnon is 'nonsense' in Lin Wood audio ›
- Michael Flynn to QAnon believers: I'm not a Satanist! ›
- Lin Wood Accuses Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell, Stop the Steal of ... ›