Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Far right Republican Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin was caught on camera admitting that Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election because GOP voters voted for other candidates, and acknowledged "there's nothing obviously skewed about the results."
"The only reason Trump lost Wisconsin," Sen. Johnson told Lauren Windsor, a woman who poses as a Trump supporter, "is 51,000 Republican voters didn't vote for him."
Asked if President Joe Biden "won the state fair and square," Johnson would only say, "it's certainly plausible, there's nothing obviously skewed about the results."
Johnson is one of the country's biggest purveyors of the "Big Lie," and regularly traffics in dangerous conspiracy theories and far right wing propaganda, from election fraud lies to false claims about the insurrection to vaccine and coronavirus lies.
Windsor is the executive director of American Family Voices and the executive producer of the political web-show "The Undercurrent," and has caught other politicians on camera, like Sen. Ted Cruz.
- Defensive DeSantis Whines: 'I'm Sick Of The Judgmental Stuff ... ›
- VIDEO: Texas Republicans Admit Voting Curbs Are All About Winning ›
- October Surprise: Ron Johnson's Journey Through 'Multiple ... ›
- LISTEN: Sen. Johnson Says 'Try A Bunch' Of Debunked COVID ... ›
- Wisconsin Newspaper Slams Sen. Johnson For Brazen 'Grifting ... ›
- Ron Johnson Responds to Claim That He Privately Admitted Biden ... ›
- Johnson Says Election Was Legitimate, Biden Won | Wisconsin ... ›
- Sen. Johnson says half of country won't accept a Biden win ›
- Ex-GOP official says Sen. Ron Johnson admits Trump lost to Biden ›
- Sen. Ron Johnson says election was legitimate, Biden won ›
- Former Brown County GOP chair says Ron Johnson knows Joe ... ›
- Johnson says election was legitimate, Biden won ›
- My Call With Ron Johnson: He Knows Biden Won But Won't Admit It ... ›
- Ron Johnson calls election legitimate and acknowledges Biden victory ›