Reprinted with permission from Alternet
In a wide-ranging and off-the-rails Fox News interview President Donald Trump is demanding Attorney General Bill Barr appoint a special counsel to investigate his Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, over Russian disinformation spread by his personal attorney and a conservative media outlet owned by his friend.
Trump told Fox & Friends that Barr has "got to act" against the former vice president and his son Hunter Biden, insisting the Attorney General give credence to the disinformation before Election Day.
"We've go to get the Attorney General to act, and he's got to act, and he's got to act fast. He's got to appoint somebody. This is major corruption and this has to be known about before the election," Trump demanded, before declaring, "we're going to win the election."
Fox News mentioned the letter sent to Barr by just 11 of the 198 House Republicans calling for a special prosecutor to investigate the Bidens.
Overnight Politico reported: "More than 50 former senior intelligence officials have signed on to a letter outlining their belief that the recent disclosure of emails allegedly belonging to Joe Biden's son 'has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.'"
On Fox & Friends, Trump says Bill Barr's "gotta act" on the NY Post's Hunter Biden stories, "and this has to be kno… https://t.co/ddo263WJt9— Bobby Lewis (@Bobby Lewis) 1603196101.0
- Top Democrats Urge Justice Dept Inspector General To Probe Barr ... ›
- Fox News Was Right About Authoritarian Bill Barr - National Memo ›
- Trump, Barr, And Fox News Working Together To Undermine ... ›
- Congressional Democrats Demand Barr's Resignation - National ... ›
- Barr Goes 'Off The Rails' In Dishonest Rant Against Mail Ballots ... ›
- Furious Trump Appears Poised To Fire Attorney General Barr - National Memo ›