Reprinted with permission from Alternet
A new, heavily redacted filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia revealed on Tuesday that the Justice Department is seriously investigating a potential "bribery conspiracy scheme" relating to a presidential pardon. The document were first publicized by CNN.
The names of individuals involved in the investigation have been redacted throughout the documents since they haven't been charged at this point with any crimes. President Donald Trump's name does not appear in the filing. But of course, only a president can issue a presidential pardon.
- Trump Faces Pardon Dilemma As He Maneuvers To Avoid Indictment ›
- Can Trump Pardon Himself? Perhaps Not, But He Will Try - National ... ›
- Trump's Corrupt Pardon Spree Has Just Begun - National Memo ›
- Trump Pardons Reminiscent Of 'Kleptocratic' Regimes - National ... ›
- What Sessions Should Tell Trump About Pardons — Before It's Too ... ›