Trevor Noah traded his normally jovial tone last night for a more somber and angry demeanor, as he discussed the "horrifying" Atlanta mass shooting that left eight people dead, including six Asian-American women. Police officials across Georgia either tamped down the notion that the shooting was a hate crime. Or, like Cherokee City Sheriff Frank Reynolds, made excuses for the shooter by suggesting the shooter was motivated by a "bad day" and a "sexual addiction."
"This guy blamed a specific race of people for his problems," says Noah, "and then murdered them because of it. If that isn't racism, then the word has no meaning."
It's a brief but powerful monologue that everyone should see. Just click.
Why We Should've Seen the Atlanta Shootings Coming | The Daily Social Distancing Show www.youtube.com
- Georgia Sheriff Who Dismissed Racist Motive In Shootings Posted Anti-Asian Slur - National Memo ›
- Police Minimizing Anti-Asian Hate In Atlanta Killings Ensures More Bias Crimes - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: Sandra Oh Pops Up At Protest To Say She's 'Proud to Be Asian' - National Memo ›
- Americans Shouldn’t Have To Live In Foxholes - National Memo ›
- Man charged with killing 8 people in Atlanta; 6 were Asian ›
- 8 Dead After Atlanta Spa Shootings: Latest Updates ›
- Police display bizarre sympathy for Atlanta massage parlor mass ... ›
- Charges for accused Atlanta spa shooter could include hate crimes ... ›
- Man charged with killing 8 people at Georgia massage parlors ›
- Asian American community stunned by mass shooting at three ... ›
- Suspect in deadly Atlanta-area spa shootings charged with 8 counts ... ›
- 8 Dead in Atlanta Spa Shootings, With Fears of Anti-Asian Bias - The ... ›