Jeff Danziger lives in New York City. He is represented by CWS Syndicate and the Washington Post Writers Group. He is the recipient of the Herblock Prize and the Thomas Nast (Landau) Prize. He served in the US Army in Vietnam and was awarded the Bronze Star and the Air Medal. He has published eleven books of cartoons and one novel. Visit him at DanzigerCartoons.com.
Start your day with National Memo Newsletter
The opinions that matter. Delivered to your inbox every morning
Despite all the lamentations over the Republican Party –- the respectable party that supposedly existed before you-know-who ruined everything – it would be more honest to admit that the grand old party wasn't so grand even back when.
To take one timely example, Republicans have always resisted investigation of their leadership failures, even when the security of the nation was at stake.
- Trump's 'America First' Fascists Turning On Each Other In Panic ... ›
- FBI Uncovers Evidence Of National Coordination In Attack On Capitol ›
- Republicans Suspected Of Conspiring In Capitol Attack - National ... ›
- Disturbing Details Emerge About Backgrounds Of Capitol Rioters ... ›
- Several Police Officers Busted For Attacking Capitol - National Memo ›