How Fox News Covers Coronavirus — And How It Covered Ebola
Reprinted with permission from MediaMatters
In the run-up to the 2014 midterm elections, cable news outlets — and Fox News in particular — fearmongered over an Ebola outbreak in Africa, before suddenly dropping the story after the votes were counted. Fox News figures pushed hard on the idea that President Barack Obama’s administration was inept at responding to a potential pandemic.
As America faces a coronavirus pandemic under President Donald Trump, many of those same people are now singing a different tune.
- How Fox News Embraced And Boosted Coronavirus Protests - National Memo ›
- Misleading Voices In Right-Wing Media Promoted Virus Spread - National Memo ›
- How Fox News Made Masks Another Culture War Flashpoint - National Memo ›
- Fox Hosts Excuse Trump’s Admitted Lies About Pandemic Threat - National Memo ›
- Pro-Trump Broadcasters Continue To Undermine Public Health -- Using President's Illness - National Memo ›