Reprinted with permission from Alternet
The infamous St. Louis couple that made headlines last summer after brandishing guns at Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters must now surrender their guns. Needless to say, they are not pleased with the order.
According to KMOV, Mark and Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to a number of charges in connection with their altercation with protesters. Patricia McCloskey entered a guilty plea for misdemeanor harassment and was fined a total of $2,000. Mark McCloskey entered a guilty plea for a misdemeanor fourth-degree assault charge. The two also had to agree to surrender the weapons used during their exchange with protesters.
But despite the guilty pleas and their agreement to turn over their weapons, Mark McCloskey has made it clear that he does not regret his actions. From the steps of the courthouse in St. Louis, Mo., he said, "I'd do it again," later adding, "Any time the mob approaches me, I'll do what I can to put them in imminent threat of physical injury because that's what kept them from destroying my house and my family."
As reports began circulating about their case again, McCloskey also took to Twitter with his reaction. "A year ago, the mob came to my door to attack my family— I backed them down," he tweeted. "The mob came for me, the media attacked me & prosecutors tried to punish me for defending my family They dropped all charges, except for a claim I instilled 'imminent fear' in the mob I'd do it again."
Special prosecutor Richard Callahan also weighed in and admitted that he believes the couple's consequences are reasonable.
"But I think that their conduct was a little unreasonable in the end," Callahan said. "I don't think people should view this case as some type of betrayal or assault on the Second Amendment. We still have the Second Amendment rights. It's just that the Second Amendment does not permit unreasonable conduct."
- GOP Senate Hopeful And Wife Plead Guilty After Waving Guns At ... ›
- Oops! Trump Campaign Tweets Patriotic Image Of Nazi Soldiers ... ›
- 'Tucker Must Go': Carlson Endorses Neo-Nazi Conspiracy Theory ... ›
- Uncovering The #MAGA Plot Against America - National Memo ›
- This Whiteness Of Being - National Memo ›
- Mark, Patricia McCloskey plead guilty in gun waving case | ksdk.com ›
- Mark and Patricia McCloskey: What really went on in St Louis that ... ›
- Mark and Patricia McCloskey, Gun-Waving St. Louis Couple, Take ... ›
- RNC 2020: Who are Mark and Patricia McCloskey? The St. Louis ... ›
- Mark and Patricia McCloskey, St. Louis couple who pointed guns at ... ›
- The St. Louis couple charged with waving guns at protesters have a ... ›
- St. Louis Couple Who Aimed Guns at Protesters Plead Guilty to ... ›