Washington (AFP) - Several Republican lawmakers, eager to blame a US government official for the response to the coronavirus pandemic, introduced a bill Tuesday to fire Anthony Fauci, the face of American efforts to combat Covid-19. Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene led a handful of colleagues in announcing the so-called Fire Fauci Act, which would reduce the famed infectious disease expert's government salary to zero and require the Senate to confirm someone to fill his position. Fauci, who has advised seven US presidents, had become a trusted figure in the government's Covid-19 response, ...
- Biden Secures 200 Million More Vaccine Doses -- But Says Masking ... ›
- Republicans Stirring Up Ugly Smears -- And Lethal Hatred -- Against ... ›
- Greene Blames Fauci For Virus Because 'I Don't Believe In Evolution ... ›
- Dr. Fauci And His Enemies - National Memo ›
- Fauci Slams ‘Lying’ Rand Paul Over False Pandemic Accusation - National Memo ›
- Greene Bursts Into Laughter When Asked About Child Who Died Of Covid-19 - National Memo ›