Now that the Supreme Court has decided to ignore the will of the people on abortion with their unconstitutional reversal of Roe v. Wade, women living in red states are wondering what will come next.
Late Show host Stephen Colbert weighed in on the ruling and discovered one fundamental flaw -- turning women's freedom over to the "elected representatives."
“Have you met the people’s elected representatives?!? I have!” said Colbert, who then called out one right-wing Texas lawmaker in particular.
“Louie Gohmert is one of them. I’m not sure if he knows where babies come from!”
Yes, this is an actual elected representative with the power to levy taxes, vote on major legislation, and send your children to war. Texas manages to churn out the lowest bottom feeders, though perhaps that will change if Beto O'Rourke takes back the governorship.
Watch the entire segment below:
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Constitutional Right To Abortion ... ›
- How The Supreme Court Is Enabling GOP Authoritarians - National ... ›
- Supreme Court Weighs Turning Back Clock On Redistricting ... ›
- Endorse This! Colbert Rips Trump For Bad Bathroom Behavior ›
- Colbert Mocks Judge In Trump Case With Song Parody - National Memo ›