Jealous Trump Threatens Republican Senators Over Infrastructure Deal
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Former President Donald Trump criticized Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Republican lawmakers' $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package. Describing the incentive as "a disgrace," Trump condemned the package shortly before the upper chamber's scheduled vote on the long-debated effort, according to The Hill.
Releasing a statement through the "Save America PAC," Trump took direct aim at McConnell.
"Joe Biden's infrastructure bill is a disgrace," Trump wrote. "If Mitch McConnell was smart, which we've seen no evidence of, he would use the debt ceiling card to negotiate a good infrastructure package."
Trump admitted that he doubts lawmakers actually took the time to read the lengthy piece of proposed legislation, which is reportedly comprised of 2,700 pages. He added, "They would have needed to take speed reading courses."
"It is a gift to the Democrat Party, compliments of Mitch McConnell and some RINOs [Republicans in name only], who have no idea what they are doing," he added.
Focusing on the upcoming elections, the former president noted that he believes the "infrastructure bill will be used against the Republican Party."
Trump even included what appears to be a vailed threat toward current Republican lawmakers as he warned, "It will be very hard for me to endorse anyone foolish enough to vote in favor of this deal."
Despite Trump's latest rant, none of the Republican lawmakers in support of the bill have signaled that they will vote to oppose the bill.
"We still have amendments that need to be processed." McConnell said, adding, "Once they are, we'll be able to wind things down."
Trump argues that Republican lawmakers should refrain from voting on the infrastructure bill until after the midterm election in 2022. Believing it will be beneficial for Republicans, he added, "Remember, you already have the card, it's called the debt ceiling, which the Democrats threatened us with constantly."
- GOP Leaders Split Over Trump As Graham Attacks McConnell And ... ›
- GOP Senate Campaign Chair Blasts 17 Colleagues Who Support ... ›
- Is America Still Big Enough To Go Big? - National Memo ›
- Fox News Anchors Insist That Infrastructure Isn't Really ... ›
- Polls Show Massive Support For Biden's Trillion-Dollar Infrastructure ... ›
- Really? Senate Republicans Credit Trump For Infrastructure Bill He Opposes ›
- Republican Civil War Erupts Over Infrastructure Vote - National Memo ›
- ‘Elephant In The Room’ Is How Trump Harms Republican Prospects ›
- Senate Republicans About to Break With Trump As He Attacks ... ›
- Trump attacks on McConnell bring rebukes from fellow Republicans ... ›
- CNBC/ McConnell attacks Dems' infrastructure strategy, threatening ... ›
- McConnell nixes infrastructure in next economic recovery bill - Roll ... ›
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell - POLITICO ›
- Trump Escalates Attacks on McConnell With Suggestion His Job Is ... ›
- 'Mitch McConnell can no longer do the job': Donald Trump slams ... ›
- Trump attacks Mitch McConnell for second day over Senate health ... ›
- Trump criticizes GOP senators, McConnell on bipartisan ... ›