Reprinted with permission American Independent
Conservative Republican members of Congress appeared on Fox News and Newsmax on Tuesday night to lament the fact that 19 Republican senators voted for the bipartisan infrastructure package, along with every Democratic senator.
The $1.2 trillion package provides funds to repair and construct roads, bridges, and railroad systems across the country, among other projects.
Despite polling repeatedly showing widespread support for the infrastructure plan — across party lines — conservative outlets have frequently attacked it.
On Newsmax TV's Rob Schmitt Tonight, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) described the legislation as part of an agenda of "crazy ideas" offered up by Democrats.
He said the infrastructure bill was part of a package of "four stupid ideas" and said, "This is ridiculous, and the American people know it. Why senators, Republican senators, voted for it, I'll never know."
Appearing on Fox News' Hannity, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) sounded a similar note.
Kennedy said that Democrats wanted the bill's passage "like Ben [Affleck] wants J-Lo [Jennifer Lopez" and said Republicans "just got out-maneuvered, intelligence was chasing us and we got beat."
Conservative host Sean Hannity said Republicans "beat themselves" by voting for the bill and Kennedy agreed, replying, "that's what I'm saying." He went on to describe the bill as a "dumpster fire."
Fox News host Mark Levin on Tuesday called for a primary challenge to the Republicans who voted for the legislation, while the network has repeatedly attempted to claim that the infrastructure spending in the bill is not really infrastructure.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Biden's Popular Infrastructure Bill Passes Senate Over GOP ... ›
- Jealous Trump Threatens Republican Senators Over Infrastructure ... ›
- GOP Senate Campaign Chair Blasts 17 Colleagues Who Support ... ›
- Really? Senate Republicans Credit Trump For Infrastructure Bill He ... ›
- Poll: Big Majority Supports Biden Spending Plans, Bipartisan Or Not ... ›
- Polls Show Massive Support For Biden's Trillion-Dollar Infrastructure ... ›
- Voters Overwhelmingly Support Biden Infrastructure Plan As GOP ... ›
- Big win for $1T infrastructure bill: Dems, GOP come together ›
- The 19 GOP senators who voted for the $1T infrastructure bill | TheHill ›
- Infrastructure bill vote count: 19 Republicans voted for Biden bill ›
- Why so many Republicans bucked Trump and voted for Biden's ... ›
- trump is having little sway over senate republicans' infrastructure votes ›
- Here are the 17 Republican senators who voted to advance the $1 ... ›
- Which Republican Senators Voted For The Infrastructure Bill? : NPR ›