Blundering Trump Team Admits Defeat In Fundraising Email
Reprinted with permission from American Independent
"Rest assured, YOUR president will NEVER stop fighting for YOU and YOUR family," reads the email, which is peppered with bizarre and unnecessary capital letters.
The email was sent with the subject line "Should President Trump run in 2024?" and falsely says the "Radical Left STOLE" the election from Trump.
Of course, asking supporters whether Trump should run again in 2024 is an admission that he will no longer be in office come Jan. 20, when President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in.
That's because the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution clearly states, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice."
After submitting a response to the poll, the recipient is asked to provide an email address and then a donation to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee "to keep fighting even after Election Day." It's part of a barrage of solicitations from the Trump campaign since the 2020 election, in which they've raised millions on the false premise that the donations could help make Trump's anti-democratic attempt to steal the election successful.
The effort has already failed, as judges threw out Trump and his allies' lawsuits, and the Electoral College voted on Monday to seal Biden's 306 to 232 victory.
Yet Trump is still pushing baseless voter fraud lies as part of his failed coup attempt.
Now, he wants Congress to refuse to accept the Electoral College results when the new members meet on Jan. 6 to ceremonially ratify Biden's victory.
But that effort will also fail, and he will be out on Jan. 20.
- Right-Wing Grifters Using 'Stolen Election' To Scam Republican ... ›
- New White House 'Faith Adviser' Is Prosperity Gospel Grifter ... ›
- The Simple Strategy That Can Defeat Trump's Plan To Steal The ... ›
- Never-Trump Conservatives Mock GOP's 'Historic' Wisconsin Defeat ... ›
- How Will Trump Finally Escape His Embarrassing Defeat? - National ... ›
- Assorted Media Wingnuts Confront 'Reality' Of Trump's Defeat ... ›
- After Admitting Biden Won, Trump Backpedals Furiously - National ... ›
- ‘Conservative’ Groups That Opposed Local And State Relief Took Millions In Federal Aid - National Memo ›
- Trump’s Own Pollster Offers Scorching Analysis Showing Why He Lost - National Memo ›