GOP Rep. Clyde Wouldn't Shake Hand Of Police Officer Who Defended Capitol
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone was one of 140 law enforcement officers injured protecting the U.S. Capitol and members of Congress on January 6. He was so badly beaten he suffered a heart attack fighting Trump's insurrectionists but he was conscious enough to hear at one point the rioters scream, "Kill him with his own gun!"
On Wednesday, one day after 21 House Republicans voted against a bill to award Congressional gold medals to all the police officers who fought to save lives and democracy on January 6, Officer Fanone was in the U.S. Capitol, and ran into Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA).
Congressman Clyde, who sits on the Homeland Security Committee and is one of the 21 who voted against the awards, refused to even shake Officer Fanone's hand.
Clyde is the lawmaker who falsely compared the rioters and insurrectionists to a "normal tourist visit."
U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) took to Twitter to make the accusation, which was backed up by Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Republican.
Here's video of Officer Fanone being attacked by Trump's insurrectionists:
Here's Congressman Clyde literally barricading the door on Jan. 6, with members of the Capitol Hill Police:
Here's Clyde outright lying:
- Trumpists Made Plans To Build Gallows Weeks Before Capitol Riot ... ›
- Senate's Report On Jan. 6 Is Only The Beginning - National Memo ›
- Fallen Capitol Police Officer's Mother Asks To Meet With GOP ... ›
- Capitol Police Officers Blast GOP Leaders For Opposing Jan. 6 ... ›
- FBI Director Testifies Capitol Rioters Carried 'All Sorts Of Weapons ... ›
- Far-Right Republicans Vote No On Congressional Medal For ... ›
- Was The Insurrection Just Another Day In America? - National Memo ›
- Rep. Andrew Clyde who compared Capitol riot to 'normal tourist visit ... ›
- Lawmakers Accuse GOP Rep. Clyde Of Refusing Handshake From ... ›
- Officer who defended Capitol calls Rep. Clyde a 'coward' ›
- Georgia U.S. Reps. Hice, Greene and Clyde explain votes opposing ... ›
- GOP Rep. Refused to Shake Hands With Officer Who Defended ... ›
- GOP lawmaker refuses to shake hand of officer who protected ... ›
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer ... ›
- Michael Fanone: Officer injured in Capitol riot blasts GOP Rep ... ›
- Officer injured in Capitol attack says Republican ran from him 'like a ... ›