The FBI is facing allegations that the background check on U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in 2018 was “politically-constrained and perhaps fake.” The 2018 background check was conducted after a woman accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-Rhode Island), a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, outlined his concerns on Monday in a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland. He argued that there’s reason to believe the FBI did not properly manage its investigation and overlooked several potential witnesses. “If standard procedures were violated, and...
- If You're A Sexual Predator, GOP Is Your Party - National Memo ›
- Brett Kavanaugh Explained How He Plans To Cheat American Voters ›
- The FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh, explained - Vox ›
- FBI Investigation On Kavanaugh: Who Spoke To FBI And Who Didn't ... ›
- The F.B.I. Probe Ignored Testimonies from Former Classmates of ... ›
- What did the FBI inquiry into Kavanaugh result in? - BBC News ›
- Senator Calls For DOJ To Probe FBI's 'Fake' Brett Kavanaugh ... ›