Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Federal authorities arrested two women on multiple charges in connection with the U.S. Capitol siege on Friday, after the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) confirmed one of the women expressed her intent to harm House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
According to FOX--29, the FBI received a tip about the women on Jan. 12 which led to the bureau's week-long investigation into their trip to Washington, D.C. ahead of the Electoral College certification.
The FBI's affidavit indicated that the women—identified as Dawn Bancroft and Diana Santos-Smith—were seen on video donning Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat and, making threatening remarks about Pelosi. In a video sent to her own children, Bancroft bragged about breaking into the U.S. Capitol. She also revealed they were searching for Pelosi to kill her but were unable to find her.
"We broke into the Capitol. . . . We got inside, we did our part," Bancroft said in the disturbing video, according to the bureau's affidavit released on Friday. "We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the friggin' brain, but we didn't find her."
However, Santos-Smith is singing a different tune. Although Bancroft confirmed their entry into the Capitol, her friend claims they never made it inside. In fact, Santos-Smith reportedly insisted that she "knew that they should not be going inside the building."
Despite her claims, both women are now facing multiple charges including "knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and impeding in government business by engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds," reports The Inquirer.
The latest arrests come as the bureau continues its investigation into the U.S. Capitol siege. Since Jan. 6, the FBI has arrested more than 100 people in connection with the deadly riots. The FBI's criminal investigation will be ongoing.
- House Ethics Committee Unanimously Rebukes Rep. Gaetz Over ... ›
- House Oversight Seeks FBI Investigation Into Parler's Role In ... ›
- 'Remember This Day Forever': Trump Celebrates His Mob's Assault ... ›
- New Capitol Riot Videos Pulled From Far-Right Parler Site ... ›
- No Consequences For Invading State Capitols -- So Rioters Turned ... ›
- GOP Attempt To Discredit AOC’s Account Of Jan. 6 Backfires (She Has Receipts) - National Memo ›
- Congress Debates Bipartisan Commission To Investigate Capitol Attack - National Memo ›
- Rioters Were Looking to Hurt Pelosi, 'Hang Mike Pence' in Capitol ... ›
- Cleveland Meredith banned from Lovett School in Atlanta | 11alive ... ›
- Dawn Bancroft said she wanted to shoot Pelosi 'in the friggin' brain ... ›
- Capitol rioter texted pals he wanted to shoot Nancy Pelosi ›
- Woman who said she wanted to shoot Pelosi during Capitol riot ... ›
- Washington Post: Two prominent figures are charged in Capitol riot ... ›
- Capitol riots: Man threatened to kill DC Mayor and Pelosi | wusa9.com ›
- Man accused of threatening Pelosi facing federal charges | 9news.com ›
- Cleveland Meredith charged with threatening to kill Nancy Pelosi ›
- Man With Assault Rifle Charged With Threatening Pelosi, Officials Say ›