Fox Staffer: Rising Antisemitism Reflects 'Jewish Presence In Banking'
Matteo Cina, a production assistant for Fox News Digital and a former writer for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, repeatedly posted antisemitic comments on his TikTok page, writing that “it is hard to talk about the Holocaust and rising anti semitism without discussing Jewish presence in banking.”
Media Matters has confirmed the legitimacy of Cina’s comments after they were first circulated in screenshots on Twitter. In replies to a video posted to his own profile on TikTok, Cina made multiple comments validating “Jewish stereotypes,” including that “Jews control the financial sector,” and claiming this contributed to the atrocities of the Holocaust. In the video, Cina defended Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ new teaching guidelines in Florida that claim “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”
Cina’s TikTok bio reads: “Former Capitol Hill Dep. Comms & Writer for Gov. Abbott. Currently Fox News”. According to his LinkedIn page, he worked for Abbott beginning in August 2021 and joined Fox News in February 2022. Cina’s author page on the Fox News website identifies him as a production assistant for Fox News Digital, and his most recent byline was published July 9.
The revelations of Cina’s antisemitic commentary come amid internal discontent at Fox News over prime-time host Greg Gutfeld’s recent comments that victims of Nazi concentration camps “had to be useful” to survive extermination. “Utility kept you alive,” he added. The comments prompted pushback from the Auschwitz Museum, which said Gutfeld’s comment “does not represent the complex history of the genocide perpetrated by Nazi Germany.”
Reprinted with permission from Media Matters.
- Tucker Carlson Is Leaving Fox News, Effective Immediately ›
- GOP Rep. Gosar's Aide Is Tied To Neo-Nazi 'Groyper' Movment ›
- Her Fox Producer Called Jeanine Pirro 'A Reckless Maniac' ›
- What Next For Fox? Ratings Collapse After Tucker Carlson Ousted ›
- Fox Will Pay Former Carlson Producer $12M In Damages For Misogynist Abuse ›
- How A Young Race-Baiting Writer Rose To Conservative Stardom - National Memo ›
- Trump Spokeswoman Says Murdoch And Fox Aim To 'Damage' Him (VIDEO) - National Memo ›
- Don Jr. Will Appear With Hitler-Loving Antisemite On Speaking Tour - National Memo ›
- How Hypocritical Is Fox News On Trump Indictments? Hilariously - National Memo ›
- Musk's 'X' Placed Major Ads On Account Of Antisemite Promoting Violence - National Memo ›