Reprinted with permission from Alternet
As Republican lawmakers continue their efforts to conduct audits of the 2020 presidential election, the majority of Americans are raising questions about the integrity of their efforts.
The results of a new Monmouth University poll offer insight into how Americans view the so-called election audits, like the one underway in Maricopa County, Ariz. According to Truthout, poll respondents were asked if they believed election audits were "legitimate efforts to identify potential voting irregularities" or "partisan efforts to undermine valid election results."
Based on the poll results, many Americans see the audits as nothing more than a partisan effort to undermine the outcome of the presidential election.
Per the publication, respondents' results are as follows:
"A majority of Americans, the poll found, felt the audits were partisan-based attempts to question the validity of the outcome of the presidential election, with 57 percent in the poll saying as much. Just one-third of respondents (33 percent) felt that the audits were legitimate actions intended to flesh out supposed voter or election fraud."
"A plurality of respondents (40 percent) also said that these types of audits weaken democracy in the United States, while half that number (20 percent) said that they strengthen it. Thirty-five percent felt the audits had no impact one way or another."
Respondents were also asked whether or not they believe voter fraud is a widespread problem. Only 37 percent of respondents admitted that they believe it is. However, 50 percent of respondents admitted that they believe voter disenfranchisement is a bigger issue. Across several states, Republican lawmakers are working to pass restrictive legislation that could disenfranchise millions of voters.
- Arizona 'Fraudit' Challenged By Experienced Election Auditors ... ›
- Surprise! Trump Lost Arizona Because So Many GOP Voters ... ›
- Arizona GOP Hires Conspiracy Theorist To Conduct Third 2020 ... ›
- New Poll: Arizona Voters Reject 2020 Election 'Audit' - National Memo ›
- Stop Calling The Arizona Recount Charade An 'Audit' - National Memo ›
- New Poll: 'Sizable Majorities' Favor Voting Rights And Oppose GOP ... ›
- GOP Wants To Expand Arizona 'Audit,' But DOJ May Shut It Down ... ›
- Arizona 'Audit' Bolsters 2020 Lies -- And GOP's Growing Insurrection ... ›
- Poll: More Americans 'Socially Liberal’ In Generational Shift - National Memo ›
- Poll: Unlike Other Americans, Republicans Increasingly Reject Science - National Memo ›
- Texas Republican Urges Election Audit — In Counties Biden Won - National Memo ›
- Majority of Republicans think state reviews will change 2020 ... ›
- Arizona Republican Party vote audit claims ripped by attorney general ›
- GOP Stands Alone in Backing Arizona State Senate Audit ... ›
- Majority of Americans Say GOP "Election Audits" Are Effort to ... ›
- I watched the GOP's Arizona election audit. It was worse than you ... ›
- 2020 election: Poll shows most Americans reject validity of audits ... ›
- Two-Thirds of Independent Voters in Arizona Oppose Ballot Audit: Poll ›
- New poll shows election audit unpopular with Arizona voters ... ›