Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Arizona Senate President Karen Fann announced that she has hired Cyber Ninjas, a firm led by a Donald Trump supporter who was active in pushing "Stop the Steal" conspiracy theories about the 2020 presidential election, to conduct an audit of the state's election results.
This is the third audit to be conducted in the state as Republicans continue to push the lie that the election was stolen from Trump due to mass voter fraud — a lie that's been debunked multiple times by the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, and two previous audits of Arizona's ballots.
Fann had first announced that Allied Security Operations, a firm with a history of pursuing false claims of election fraud, would do the audit, but later said she hadn't decided.
Now she's officially announced that Cyber Ninjas will lead the audit, to be conducted with along with three other firms.
The Arizona Mirror reported on the long history of statements on social media posted by Cyber Ninjas owner Doug Logan pushing pro-Trump conspiracy theories about election fraud.
According to the report, posts on Logan's now-deleted Twitter account included claims that Venezuela rigged voting machines in the United States to steal the election from Trump and hashtags like "#StopTheSteal," the motto of the rally that preceded the attack by supporters of Trump on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
A joint report issued by the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security officially debunked the claim that voting machines were rigged in March, and lawyers and officials tied to Trump, as well as right-wing cable networks, are now being sued by voting machine companies for promoting the lie.
Democrats responded angrily to Fann's announcement of the firms that will conduct the recount.
"What are we doing other than just undermining the past election and voter confidence?" state Senate Minority Leader Rebecca Rios told USA Today.
Even Republicans in the state had previously said the audit is unnecessary.
"It's really not a necessary process. So, it's not something I believe that needs to be done or that it should be done," former Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell said last month, adding that a hand recount is prone to human error.
Ultimately, it's unclear what Arizona Republicans want to accomplish with the audit. The election is over; Joe Biden won and is serving as president of the United States.
In addition to challenging the 2020 election results, GOP lawmakers in Arizona are introducing voter suppression laws based on the same false claims of fraud.
Nearly two dozen Republican bills are aimed at making it harder to vote by mail, tightening voter ID requirements, and even giving the state Legislature the ability to ignore the will of the voters and choose presidential electors for the Electoral College.
Arizona Republican state Rep. John Kavanagh defended the bills in March, saying, "There's a fundamental difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats value as many people as possible voting, and they're willing to risk fraud. Republicans are more concerned about fraud, so we don't mind putting security measures in that won't let everybody vote — but everybody shouldn't be voting."
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Stop The Steal' Protests Are Getting Smaller — And More Violent ... ›
- Arizona Legislators Still Pursuing Giuliani's 2020 Fraud Fantasy ... ›
- Arizona GOP Won't Quit Recounting 2020 Ballots Until Trump 'Wins ... ›
- Dominion Voting Systems Files $1.6 Billion Defamation Lawsuit ... ›
- Details Of Trump's Georgia Extortion Scheme Provoke Calls For ... ›
- Republicans Trying To Restrict Voting May See Their Schemes ... ›
- Outfit Running Arizona 'Election Audit' Insists On Secrecy, Rejects Transparency - National Memo ›
- Arizona ‘Audit’ Bolsters 2020 Lies -- And GOP's Growing Insurrection Caucus - National Memo ›
- Finally, A Real Case Of Vote Fraud -- But The Perp Is A Trumpist - National Memo ›
- What? Arizona ‘Audit’ Observers Required To Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements - National Memo ›
- GOP Wants To Expand Arizona ‘Audit,’ But DOJ May Shut It Down - National Memo ›
- ‘Reckless And Irresponsible’: Maricopa Sheriff Blasts Arizona Audit's Latest Demands - National Memo ›
- Arizona GOP Legislator Admits Audit ‘Makes Us Look Like Idiots’ - National Memo ›
- The Real Steal Is Coming — In 2024 ›
- Arizona Senators Huddling With QAnon Figures On 2020 Election ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- VIDEO: Arizona Republican ‘Blood Bath’ Over Trump’s Phony Election Audit - National Memo ›
- Huge Flaws Will Make Arizona 'Audit' Conflict With Official Tally - National Memo ›
- VIDEO: Maricopa Republicans Urge Shutdown Of Arizona ‘Audit’ — Now - National Memo ›
- Arizona Audit Just Cost County Taxpayers An Extra $6 Million - National Memo ›
- Surprise! Trump Lost Arizona Because So Many GOP Voters Shunned Him - National Memo ›
- New Poll: Arizona Voters Reject 2020 Election ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Emails Reveal Trump And Giuliani Pushed Arizona ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Stop Calling The Arizona Recount Charade An ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Arizona ‘Fraudit’ Challenged By Experienced Election Auditors - National Memo ›
- Tensions Flare Among Arizona Republicans Over Discredited ‘Fraudit’ - National Memo ›
- Most Americans See Sham Behind GOP Election ‘Audits’ - National Memo ›
- Trump Urged Justice Department To Probe QAnon's Conspiracy Theories - National Memo ›
- Cyber Ninjas Whine As Arizona 'Audit' Is Proved Utterly Pointless - National Memo ›
- Insiders Say Arizona ‘Audit’ Team Knows The Data Proves Biden Won - National Memo ›
- Arizona’s Fake Audit Is Spreading Like Cancer ›
- Arizona Senate hires firm that spread election lie to audit county ... ›
- Arizona Senate hires 4 companies to audit 2020 Maricopa County ... ›
- Senate must do audit right or not at all – Arizona Capitol Times ›
- Arizona GOP, chair Kelli Ward sued over refusal to audit her election ›
- Head of firm hired for Arizona election audit pushed fraud theories ›
- Arizona elections: GOP-led Senate hires firms to recount 2.1M ballots ›
- Arizona Senate hires a 'Stop the Steal' advocate to lead 2020 ... ›
- Arizona Senate working to set up Maricopa election audit ›