Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Arizona's Republican Senate President Karen Fann's "audit" of the Maricopa County presidential election just cost taxpayers millions of dollars, possibly more than $6 million – not including the cost of the actual "audit."
Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has sent Maricopa County a letter (below) expressing her "grave concerns regarding the security and integrity" of the voting machines that are starting to be returned. Secretary Hobbs says "the chain of custody, a critical tenet, has been compromised and election officials do not know what was done to the machines while under Cyber Ninja's control."
Hobbs is warning Maricopa County they must acquire all new machines. According to ABC15's Garrett Archer, the "cost of the equipment in full was about $6 million."
If Maricopa County officials do not act to replace all the equipment that was handed over to Cyber Ninjas under President Fann's direction, Secretary Hobbs says she will "begin the decertification process," meaning the machines legally will not be allowed to be used.div class='content_nm_placeholder' data-a_number="1">
"Replacing the machines would cost the county millions," The Arizona Republic reports, confirming the $6 million figure. "The county leases its voting machines from Dominion Voting Systems under a 3-year, $6.1 million agreement that runs through December 2022. The county pays Dominion monthly under the agreement, so it may still owe about a third of that cost. Add that to the millions that the county would need to spend to lease or buy new machines."
But KJZZ reporter Ben Giles says that Senate President Fann "signed an agreement indemnifying Maricopa County from the cost to procure new equipment." Which means that one way or another, the taxpayers are likely on the hook for the Republicans' "audit."
Cyber Ninjas, the "private contractors hired by Arizona Senate President Karen Fann," the Arizona Republic adds, "had unfettered and unmonitored access to the machines. It's unprecedented for private companies and individuals, other than the machine manufacturers, to have access to government-used voting machines."div class='content_nm_placeholder' data-a_number="2">
Last week Sec. Hobbs reported "observers from my office discovered a WiFi router connected to the 'audit' servers."
"There's no way to ensure that ballot images, vote counts, & perhaps voter data weren't connected to external networks or the internet," she warned.
- Arizona Legislators Still Pursuing Giuliani's 2020 Fraud Fantasy ... ›
- Arizona GOP Won't Quit Recounting 2020 Ballots Until Trump 'Wins ... ›
- Arizona Senators Huddling With QAnon Figures On 2020 Election ... ›
- Outfit Running Arizona 'Election Audit' Insists On Secrecy, Rejects ... ›
- What? Arizona 'Audit' Observers Required To Sign Non-Disclosure ... ›
- Arizona GOP Hires Conspiracy Theorist To Conduct Third 2020 ... ›
- 'Reckless And Irresponsible': Maricopa Sheriff Blasts Arizona Audit's ... ›
- VIDEO: Maricopa Republicans Urge Shutdown Of Arizona 'Audit ... ›
- Arizona 'Audit' Bolsters 2020 Lies -- And GOP's Growing Insurrection ... ›
- VIDEO: Arizona Republican 'Blood Bath' Over Trump's Phony ... ›
- GOP Wants To Expand Arizona 'Audit,' But DOJ May Shut It Down ... ›
- Arizona Audit's Major Procedural Flaws Will Create Conflict With ... ›
- Conspiracy Theorists Force Another Sham Election ‘Audit’ — In Georgia - National Memo ›
- New Poll: Arizona Voters Reject 2020 Election ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Is Arizona Headed Toward Another Maricopa Election ‘Audit’? Maybe - National Memo ›
- Emails Reveal Trump And Giuliani Pushed Arizona ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Stop Calling The Arizona Recount Charade An ‘Audit’ - National Memo ›
- Arizona taxpayers are left on the hook for the phony GOP audit's ... ›
- On the Mark: Why are Arizona taxpayers putting up with the ... ›
- The Unfolding Disaster in Arizona - The Atlantic ›
- I watched Arizona's unprecedented election audit – here's what's ... ›
- Antifa fears, UV lights: What the group running Arizona GOP's ... ›
- Conspiracy Theorist Hired by GOP to Lead Arizona Recount Cost ... ›
- Arizona's audit of fall presidential election could drag into summer ... ›