Reprinted with permission from Alternet
The Really American PAC has released a video calling for GOP Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley to be prosecuted for their role in inciting the January 6 insurrection that left five people dead. Thousands marched to the Capitol after pro-Trump forces – including the President – spent weeks spewing election lies that erupted into a planned coup attempt.
"They need to be expelled from the Senate immediately and prosecuted for aiding and abetting acts of terrorism," the video (below) says. Experts including President-elect Joe Biden have characterized the insurrection as "domestic terrorism."
The video went viral with 2.5 million views on Twitter in under 20 hours.
Really American is calling for the "immediate removal of Senators Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz under terms that are clearly spelled out by the 14th Amendment," and notes the Constitution "is clear in declaring that no American who has engaged in insurrection or rebellion is allowed to hold office."
As new information about the planned insurrection comes out, Really American says Cruz and Hawley "have continued their attacks," and say the two Republicans "have likely contributed to plans by various militia groups to hold armed protests outside of various state Capitol buildings around the United States. Those protests are scheduled for January 20, the day Joe Biden is sworn in as the 46th President of the United States."
- Why Republicans Must Confess Complicity In Trump's Big Lie ... ›
- First 2022 Ads Target Seditionist Senators - National Memo ›
- Republicans Suspected Of Conspiring In Capitol Attack - National ... ›
- Secession And Martial Law Obsess Right-Wing Media Outlets ... ›
- Sen. Hawley Loses More Major Donors Over Capitol Riot - National ... ›
- Hometown Papers Demand Expulsion Of GOP Lawmakers Who ... ›
- West Virginia GOP Legislator Charged In Capitol Riot - National Memo ›
- - National Memo ›
- Hawley: Ethics Probe Of Me Will ‘Further Divide The Country’ - National Memo ›
- Cruz: “I Did My Duty” By Trying To Void Election Result - National Memo ›
- Trump Lawyer: ’There Was No Insurrection’ So He’s Innocent - National Memo ›
- Sen. Ted Cruz Faces Backlash For His Role In Capitol Violence : NPR ›
- Coons calls on Cruz and Hawley to resign - POLITICO ›
- Joe Manchin Backs Congress Considering Removal of Ted Cruz ... ›
- Senate Republicans Cruz, Hawley slammed for fomenting pro ... ›
- Yale Law School alumni and students sign petition for disbarment of ... ›
- GOP Senator Urges Trump to Deploy U.S. Military Against Violent ... ›
- House, With Some G.O.P. Support, Votes to Impeach Trump a ... ›
- Loews Hotels Cancels Fundraiser For GOP Sen. Josh Hawley After ... ›
- Republican NC state senator: Trump should 'invoke the Insurrection ... ›
- North Carolina state Sen. Bob Steinburg calls on Trump to suspend ... ›