Fuming Howard Stern Calls Out Joe Rogan And Anti-Vax ‘Idiots’
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Right-wing libertarian comedian/podcast host Joe Rogan recently became infected with COVID-19 after refusing to take a vaccine, and he is now crediting the drug Ivermectin with his recovery. But veteran shock jock Howard Stern is saying that Rogan should have received a COVID-19 vaccine in the first place.
Although Ivermectin is primarily used as an anti-parasitic drug for animals, conspiracy theorists have been claiming that animal-grade Ivermectin should be used to prevent or treat COVID-19. But medical experts, including immunologist Dr. Anthony Fauci, have been warning that taking animal-grade Ivermectin could be dangerous; in fact, Fauci strongly advises against it. But the 54-year-old Rogan is claiming that Ivermectin was beneficial for him after he was infected with COVID-19.
Mediaite's Ken Meyer explains, "Upon his recovery, Rogan lashed out at CNN and other critics who called out his promotions of an unproven COVID remedy. This was noticed by Stern, who remarked that Rogan could have also gotten a vaccine — which Stern heralded as a 'cure' — and skipped the whole ordeal."
On his show, Stern — whose program airs on SiriusXM — told long-time co-host Robin Quivers, "I heard Joe Rogan was saying, 'What are you busting my balls (for)? I took horse dewormer, and a doctor gave it to me.' Well, a doctor would also give you a vaccine; so, why take horse-dewormer?"
Stern was vehemently critical of anti-vaxxers during the broadcast, slamming them as "idiots" who are "anti-science."
The 67-year-old shock jock told Quivers, "There's never been one that said, 'I'm so glad I refused. I'm so happy that I can't breathe. This is a wonderful way to die. It was worth it because I didn't take the vaccine.'"
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 75 percent of U.S.-based adults have been at least partially vaccinated for the COVID-19 coronavirus. Nonetheless, many U.S. hospitals are being overwhelmed by unvaccinated COVID-19 patients, and Stern obviously no patience with anti-vaxxers at this point.
"We have no time for idiots in this country anymore," Stern angrily told Quivers. "We don't want you. We want you to all, either go to the hospital, and stay home, die there with your COVID. Don't take the cure, but don't clog up our hospitals with your COVID when you finally get it. Stay home, don't bother with science, it's too late. Go fuck yourself — we just don't have time for you."
- When Only Veterinary Science Will Do - National Memo ›
- Debate Over Ivermectin Obscures Biggest Pandemic Problem ... ›
- Most-Cited Study Promoting Ivermectin Appears To Be Fraudulent ... ›
- Joe Rogan questions media coverage of his COVID treatment ... ›
- 'No time for idiots': Howard Stern slams Joe Rogan for taking 'horse ... ›
- Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine ... ›
- Howard Stern Slams Anti-Vaxxers as He Calls for Vaccine Mandate ... ›
- Howard Stern rips vaccine opponents: 'F--- their freedom, I want my ... ›
- Howard Stern Mocks Joe Rogan for Taking 'Horse Dewormer ... ›
- Howard Stern to anti-vaxxers: 'You had the cure and you wouldn't ... ›