Sen. Hawley Boasts ‘Outpouring Of Support,' But His Ratings Have Tanked
Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) on Thursday touted the support he has received since his attack on the legitimacy of the presidential election on the day of the Capitol riot.
Appearing on Fox News' Fox & Friends, Hawley was asked to comment on the reaction he has received from Democrats and others to his actions.
"It has been amazing to see the outpouring of support since their efforts to cancel me, to cancel other conservatives, to cancel anybody who won't go along with their radical left agenda," Hawley replied.
Hawley has frequently claimed he is being "canceled." Meanwhile, he continues to make dozens of media appearances and publish op-ed columns, spreading his complaints via a broad media platform.
Hawley told Fox that his critics "lied every which way about my objection on January 6" and declared, "It hasn't worked."
Hawley told the hosts to "look at my support in my home state" for evidence that the purported campaign against him had failed.
But in fact, polls show that Hawley's support in Missouri dropped after his actions on January 6.
In a Morning Consult poll released in January, Hawley's net approval rating dropped 12 points. The poll showed not only a drop in support among voters in general, but also a 14-point drop in net approval specifically among Republican voters.
From the March 4 edition of Fox News' "Fox & Friends":
BRIAN KILMEADE, Fox News: Senator, what is life like for you now with the backlash from Democrats in particular about your would-be speech on Jan. 6 and the unrest that we all know about? Have things settled down for you?
JOSH HAWLEY: You know, it has been – truly it has been amazing to see the outpouring of support since their efforts to cancel me, to cancel other conservatives, to cancel anybody who won't go along with their radical left agenda.
Of course, they lied every which way about my objection on Jan. 6, they lied about my positions. And it hasn't worked. I mean, that's the great thing, you look at my support in my home state of Missouri, you look at the support we've gotten from around the nation, it's utterly failed and backfired, actually.
And I think people want folks who are going to stand up and tell the truth and who, no matter what the criticism is, are going to keep on doing their job, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Annual Far-Right Conclave To Feature GOP Hopefuls, Riot ... ›
- Trump Signals That His Coup Plotting Isn't Really Over - National ... ›
- Boss Trump, America's Biggest Crybaby, And His Whining Imitators ... ›
- Cruz: “I Did My Duty” By Trying To Void Election Result - National ... ›
- Senate Republicans Brawl Over Trump's Coup Plot - National Memo ›
- At CPAC, Insurrectionist Crowd Gives Sen. Hawley Standing ... ›
- Hawley Seeks To Strip Federal Funding From Schools With Mask Mandates ›
- Americans May Not Approve Of Biden -- But They Despise Trump - National Memo ›
- Civiqs Polling Bump For Biden Follows Trump Indictment - National Memo ›
- Messenger: Danforth calls his support of Hawley the 'worst mistake ... ›
- MO Sen. Josh Hawley to blame for mob, Capitol coup attempt | The ... ›
- Simon & Schuster drops book by Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley ›
- Josh Hawley: Ploy to be a pro-Trump hero results in withering ... ›
- The Education of Josh Hawley - POLITICO ›
- What Do Americans Think Of Marjorie Taylor Greene? Liz Cheney ... ›
- Josh Hawley isn't on the ballot, but he's still a factor in Missouri's ... ›
- Hawley, Cruz see approval ratings dip in wake of Capitol riot: poll ... ›
- Poll shows Hawley has negative approval rating in Missouri | The ... ›
- Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz See Approval Ratings Drop in Missouri ... ›