Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) spoke to reporters briefly after her House Republican colleagues in a secret closed-door voice-only vote that was not recorded ousted her from her position as Conference Chairwoman.
"I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office," she said, referring to Donald Trump. "We have seen the danger that he continues to provoke."
Cheney was expelled for publicly stating Trump lost in a free and fair election.
"We must go forward based on truth," she said. "We cannot both embrace the Big Lie and embrace the Constitution."
- Announcing Cheney Ouster, McCarthy Insists GOP Is 'A Big Tent ... ›
- McCarthy Facing GOP Backlash Over Cheney Ouster - National Memo ›
- 'Unscrupulous' Stefanik Is Perfect For Trump-Owned GOP - National ... ›
- Hot Mic Catches House GOP Leader Whining About Liz Cheney ... ›
- GOP Leaders Preparing To Oust Cheney Over Clashes With Trump ... ›
- Cheney Backs Voter Suppression Bills Based On Trump’s Big Lie - National Memo ›
- Poll Shows 66 Percent Of Voters Don’t Want Trump To Run In 2024 ›
- Cheney defiant as Republicans oust her from leadership for ... ›
- 'A threat America has never seen before': Liz Cheney delivers fiery ... ›
- Cheney ousted by U.S. House Republicans, but will seek re-election ... ›
- Liz Cheney Removed From GOP Post Over Trump Criticism : NPR ›
- Liz Cheney ousted from leadership post by House Republicans ... ›