'Bannon's Meat Puppet': RFK Jr. Torched For Blaming Ukrainian Deaths On US
Widely known for his anti-vaccination conspiracy theories, 2024 Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., recently suggested Russia is not responsible for the deaths of Ukrainian youth, despite the country's invasion on Ukraine last year.
Son of former U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy and nephew of former President John F. Kennedy — the presidential hopeful tweeted Friday, "Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian youth have already died because America's foreign policy establishment manipulated their country into war to fulfill vain + futile geopolitical fantasy. Now, rather than acknowledge failure, Biden admin prepares to sacrifice American lives too."
Kennedy continued, "Meanwhile, our cities decay, our infrastructure falls apart, our middle class hollows out, crime soars, chronic disease and addiction run rampant. We can heal all of this if we try. But not if we pour our resources into foreign adventures. Biden has lost his way. He is out of touch with the real needs and priorities of the American people. Do you care more about global military dominance, or would you like to rebuild our prosperity from the inside out? #Kennedy24"
The conspiracy theorist was met with staunch criticism from several journalists, political strategists and experts Saturday morning.
Mehdi Hasan commented: "Even if you believe America or NATO 'provoked’ the Russian invasion, to blame the deaths of innocent Ukrainians on anyone else but the Russians who are actually *killing them* is beyond dishonest. Notice that RFK Jr. can't even bring himself to mention Russia here. Not one word."
Political strategist and New York Times bestselling author Rick Wilson said: "You're Steve Bannon's meat puppet."
National Security Foreign Policy reporter Mark Toth replied: "What an utter dunce @RobertKennedyJr has become. Gone are any remnants of his uncle's statesmanship. ^ #Putin's puppeteering on full display. If JFK were alive, he'd be saying something like, 'Ask not what liberty can do for you, but what you can do for liberty in #Ukraine.'"
Eugene Freedman, counsel to the president of National Air Traffic Controllers Association, added: "This guy is a dangerous threat to the free world. If he thinks Ukraine did anything to deserve being invaded by Russia he's actually insane. If he's doing this as an act, he's even more dangerous."
Former congressman Joe Walsh said: "Shame on you. I'm so f***ing sick & tired of u blaming America bcuz RUSSIA invaded a sovereign nation. Ukrainians have died defending their country. Ukrainians have died bcuz RUSSIA killed them. Not us. RUSSIA. RUSSIA has targeted civilians & committed war crimes. Shame on u."
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.
- Right-Wing Megadonors Backing Both DeSantis And RFK Jr. ›
- Kennedy Can't Resist The Adulation Of His True Political Base: Online Cranks ›
- Neo-Nazis And Antisemites Revel In RFK Jr.'s COVID Conspiracy Theory - National Memo ›
- 'Unfounded': Scientists Debunk RFK Jr. Claim That Chemicals Make Kids Gay - National Memo ›
- New Polls Shows Growing Voter Distrust Of 'Nutjob' Robert F. Kennedy Jr - National Memo ›
- Deadly Outbreak: When RFK Jr's Vaccine Lies Killed Samoan Kids (VIDEO) - National Memo ›
- When RFK Jr. Called For A Boycott Of 'Fascists' Like His New Pal Sean Hannity - National Memo ›
- RFK Jr. SuperPAC Is Advertising On Racist Fringe Outlet - National Memo ›
- RFK Jr. Says He Backs National Abortion Ban - National Memo ›