Saturday Night Live's new season began last night, and the show's first "cold open" of fall 2020 harks back to that night so long ago -- at the beginning of the week -- when we watched the worst presidential debate in American history.
It begins with moderator Chris Wallace (Beck Bennett) asking President Trump (Alec Baldwin, of course) whether he has taken a Covid-19 test. "Scout's honor," he replies, fingers crossed. Following his dramatic entrance, Democratic nominee Joe Biden (Jim Carrey!) is mercilessly heckled by Trump and struggles to contain his fury. Until he doesn't, and unleashes the tirade that was bursting inside him.
Sen. Kamala Harris (Maya Rudolph) materializes onstage to take over, letting us know that "America needs a WAP – woman as president." But after "Momala" heads offstage for a martini, Biden finally finds a way to shut Trump up. And then he brings the sketch fully up to date.
- SNL Cold Open Hilariously Roasts Laura Ingraham And Jeanine Pirro ›
- SNL Cold Open: Trump's Newest Adviser Is 'Stable Genius' Kanye ... ›
- SNL Cold Open Spoofs The Trump Rally From Hell - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: SNL Hails Biden-Harris Victory And Disses 'Loser' Trump - National Memo ›
- #EndorseThis: SNL Introduces New Biden In Hilarious Mike Pence Open - National Memo ›