Fauci Brushes Off GOP Senator’s Conspiracy 'Question' At Hearing
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday swatted back Sen. Roger Marshall's (R-KS) attempt to trap him with a gotcha question.
During Fauci's Senate appearance, Marshall tried to corner Fauci on whether the United States may have inadvertently funded the creation of the novel coronavirus in a Wuhan lab.
"If COVID-19 is indeed a product of lab manipulation, can you sit here and unequivocally say the viral studies the [National Institutes of Health] funded... could not be indirectly or directly related to this final COVID-19 virus?" Marshall asked.
Fauci replied that the specific experiments in Wuhan that received NIH funding would not have resulted in the creation of COVID-19.
"The NIH... did not fund gain-of-function research to be conducted at the Wuhan Institute of Virology," Fauci said.
Marshall then pressed Fauci whether "some of the funding" could have "indirectly" helped create the novel coronavirus.
"I'm not sure where that question is going," Fauci replied. "You could do research on something that is benign and has nothing to do with it, and it could indirectly, someday, somehow be involved. So if you want to trap me into saying yes or no, I'm not going to play that game."
Watch the video below.
"If you want to trap me into saying yes or no, I'm not going to play that game" -- Fauci to Republican Sen. Roger M… https://t.co/J10mvbrnvP— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1620749735
- Far Right's Covid Conspiracy Blames Fauci For Virus - National Memo ›
- Alex Jones Launches Assault On Vaccine Research - National Memo ›
- Deceptive Anti-Vax Propaganda Still Proliferating On Facebook ... ›
- Let's Mock The Idiots Who Think Vaccines Are More Dangerous ... ›
- Anti-Vaccine Network Pushes Pandemic Conspiracies And Lies On ... ›
- Fox News Whines Because Doocy Couldn't Ask Biden About Covid ... ›
- Fauci Rejects Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus Engineered in ... ›
- Fauci Again Throws Cold Water on Wuhan Lab Conspiracy Theories ›
- Fox News pundit Steve Hilton pushed a ridiculous conspiracy theory ... ›
- Fact check: U.S. government did not engineer COVID-19 ›
- Fact-checking Judy Mikovits, the controversial virologist attacking ... ›
- No, Dr. Anthony Fauci did not fund research tied to COVID 'creation' ›