Reprinted with permission from Alternet
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden slammed President Donald Trump Tuesday afternoon in a strong speech, and with it seems to have buried his Republican opponent's "Sleepy Joe" nickname for him.
Biden slammed Trump in a series of hits about the coronavirus pandemic, reminding voters that as far back as February he has been warning about COVID-19, and detailing the actions that must be taken at the federal level to protect Americans.
In addition to his display of competence on handling pandemics, contrasting himself with Trump, Biden attacked the President directly.
"Trump called himself a wartime president. Now, it seems like our wartime president has surrendered."
"President Trump failed us."
Joe Biden says “month after month,” President Trump “failed us.” “Despite President Trump’s request that we should… https://t.co/ulpygtzDZA— ABC News (@ABC News)1593537339.0
And he urged everyone to "wear a mask. Period."
"We can't continue half recovering, half getting worse," Biden said. "We can't continue half with a plan and half just hoping for the best. We can't defeat this virus with a piecemeal approach."
Joe Biden: "We can't continue half wearing masks and half rejecting science." https://t.co/rLEcMdfxAe— The Hill (@The Hill)1593537812.0
We don't need a cheerleader, Mr. President, we need a President, Mr. President," Biden said blasting Trump for not taking responsibility and blaming others.
"Mr. President this is not about yu, it's about the health and welfare of the American people," Biden added, blasting Trump for "midnight tweets," and saying now is not the time to "wash your hands and walk away from responsibility."
- #EndorseThis: Joe Biden's Clarion Call For Justice And Unity ... ›
- Biden Urges Trump To 'Be Quiet' On Coronavirus - National Memo ›
- ‘Appalling’: Ex-Trump Voters Explain Why They Turned Away - National Memo ›
- Joe Biden Has An Actual Plan To Deal With Covid-19 - National Memo ›
- Biden Tells Americans To Ignore Trump, Heed Public Health Experts - National Memo ›
- With Scorching Sarcasm, Biden Flips The Script On Trump - National Memo ›