Hashtag ’Superspreader’ Pinned To Trump’s Reckless Supreme Court Nominee
Reprinted with permission from Alternet
As more White House staffers and Republican lawmakers test positive for COVID-19, there is speculation that several people may have contracted coronavirus while attending President Donald Trump's Rose Garden event last Saturday announcing the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett.
Now, Twitter users are highlighting Trump and Barrett's recklessness under the hashtag, "SuperSpreader," which appears to describe the nature of the event. In addition to Trump being blamed for his own battle with COVID-19, photos from the Rose Garden event are now being used to argue that Barrett's alleged irresponsibility proves she is not fit to serve on the Supreme Court.
With the latest developments, more Rose Garden photos are circulating and Twitter users are expressing concern about Barrett bringing her seven children to the even without masks.
As the children sat on the front row at the event, they were surrounded by others who also opted not to wear masks despite the ongoing pandemic. Amid concerns about Barrett possibly being exposed to the virus, she admitted that she was diagnosed with coronavirus over the summer later recovered. Her admission has only drawn more criticism. Having contracted the virus herself, many are puzzled by Barrett's presumed lack of regard for the virus as they've described her as an irresponsible parent.
More photos of Amy Coney Barrett's super spreader nomination at the White House on Saturday where newly covid posit… https://t.co/IbwY4KAVjC— Holly Figueroa O'Reilly (@Holly Figueroa O'Reilly) 1601659300.0
@davidgura @anniekarni @Lawrence @ashishkjha Amy Coney Barrett brought her kids to a #SuperSpreader event. She enda… https://t.co/pk9cCSPRHm— #CourtsMatter PerSisterBK🐝💛 (@#CourtsMatter PerSisterBK🐝💛) 1601692156.0
Amy Coney Barrett’s willing participation in a #SuperSpreader event doesn’t really demonstrate reasonable competent… https://t.co/xVn51rRubX— kimberly g (@kimberly g) 1601729086.0
I hope Amy Coney Barrett’s kids have been tested. They were sitting in the same row as Melania & right in front of… https://t.co/BLNMDP8wJ2— JB (@JB) 1601734188.0
Amy Coney Barrett brought 6 MASKLESS children to this #SuperSpreader debacle. Someone with that kind of poor judgme… https://t.co/EJUdE71qww— Robyn (@Robyn) 1601692128.0
Others have noted that the latest superspreader event could have possibly been avoided if Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) hadn't rushed to nominate Barrett almost immediately after the death of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
"Ironically, if Trump & McConnell hadn't insisted on fast-tracking their SCOTUS hijacking, Trump, 3 GOP senators (Ron Johnson, Mike Lee, Thom Tillis), Kellyanne Conway, etc., wouldn't have all gotten COVID this week, endangering their lives & the nomination itself," one person tweeted.
Ironically, if Trump & McConnell hadn’t insisted on fast-tracking their SCOTUS hijacking, Trump, 3 GOP senators (Ro… https://t.co/EZyjwtRxgk— Pièce de Résistance (@Pièce de Résistance) 1601735514.0
Watchibg the @GOP spread in REAL TIME is unfortunately gonna be one of the most tragic moments caught on video of t… https://t.co/6Uq2vbD3vA— Coach Byrd (@Coach Byrd) 1601735772.0
What kind of judgment does Amy Coney Barrett have to attend this event w her children? #SuperSpreader Irresponsible… https://t.co/qsMdaPvJ6q— Jen for Joe🍁Kamala🌻2020 (@Jen for Joe🍁Kamala🌻2020) 1601728866.0
The president, First Lady Melania Trump, and several others who attended the event have tested positive for coronavirus. As of Saturday morning, Trump appears to be the only attendee who has been hospitalized due to complications of coronavirus. He is currently being treated at Walter Reed Medical Center.
- Fox Anchor Stunned To Learn Kids Can Be Infected With Covid-19 ... ›
- Danziger Draws - National Memo ›
- White House Reportedly Refused To Trace Infections After Judge’s Superspreader Event - National Memo ›
- Barrett Is Least Popular Supreme Court Nominee Since 1987 - National Memo ›
- At Barrett Hearing, Only Republicans Talk About Religion - National Memo ›
- WATCH: Barrett Refuses To Answer Voting Rights Questions - National Memo ›
- ‘Far-Right Hack’ Barrett Flaunts Political Allegiance To Trump In Viral Photo Op ›
- Super-Spreader Trump Becomes The Typhoid Mary Of Coronavirus - National Memo ›
- White House Election Night Party Was Trump’s Latest ‘Super-Spreader’ Event - National Memo ›
- Donald Trump Is The Superspreader President ›
- Biden Plans Safe Inaugural As Trump Keeps Hosting ‘Superspreaders’ - National Memo ›
- New York GOP’s ‘COVID Conga Line’ Sends Partygoer To Hospital - National Memo ›
- GOP Official Who Attended White House Party Infects Entire Family - National Memo ›