A federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to release a confidential memo that former Attorney General William Barr cited as justification for not charging ex-President Donald Trump with obstructing Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation into his campaign’s ties to Russia. The March 24, 2019, memo was crafted by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel to review the Mueller report’s refusal to exonerate Trump of obstruction — and Barr leaned heavily on the document in declining to charge the former president with a crime. Still, Barr never released the memo publicly, pr...
- Judge Smacks Barr Over Mueller Report Distortions - National Memo ›
- The Journalists Who Parroted Barr’s Lies Owe An Apology - National Memo ›
- Bolton suggests possible 'obstruction' by Trump in SDNY Turkey ... ›
- William Barr's Unsolicited Memo to Trump About Obstruction of ... ›
- Bill Barr's Very Strange Memo on Obstruction of Justice - Lawfare ›
- The Obstruction Case Against Trump that Barr Tried to Hide ... ›
- Judge orders release of Trump obstruction memo, accuses Barr of ... ›