Despite Mass Shootings, Rep. Boebert Keeps Raising Funds Off Guns
Reprinted with permission from American Independent
Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) on Monday began running ads on Facebook accusing "extreme woke liberals" of wanting to "take our guns." The ads continue to run even as police investigate two mass shootings.
"The extreme woke liberals want to take our guns, cancel free speech, and end fair elections. And even end girls sports in America," Boebert falsely alleges in the accompanying video. "Please, donate what you can right now."
The ads began to run on March 22, six days after a shooter killed eight people at three different spas in Atlanta. The ads were still running as of the morning of March 23, hours after 10 people were killed by a shooter at a grocery store in Boulder, Colorado.
In contrast to the defiant tone of her Facebook ads, Boebert tweeted on Monday night, "My prayers are with the shoppers, employees, first responders & others affected by the shooting in Boulder." She also tweeted condolences to police officer Eric Talley, one of the victims of the Boulder shooting, on Tuesday morning.
Boebert has a long history of promoting firearms.
She owns a bar in Colorado called "Shooters Grill" that touts the fact that its wait staff carries firearms.
After being elected, she produced an online ad proclaiming her right to carry a handgun on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol and on the streets of Washington, D.C.
In Congress, she has repeatedly falsely accused Democrats of wanting to take guns away because the party supports gun safety legislation.
In a recent congressional hearing, Boebert posed with guns on a bookshelf behind her, lashing out at restrictions on taking firearms into hearings put in place after the January 6 attack on the Capitol.
Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.
- Republicans Who Stoked Capitol Mob Demand Removal Of Security ... ›
- Rep. Boebert Claims Democrats 'Tried To Cancel Jesus' - National ... ›
- Rep. Boebert Mocks School Shooting Survivor For Not Being 'Tough ... ›
- Boebert Comically Clueless About Constitution She Swore To ... ›
- Rep. Boebert's Faked 'Glock' Video Sparks Twitter Firestorm ... ›
- #EndorseThis: Colbert Says This Senator Embodies America's 'Idiot Control Problem' - National Memo ›
- Boebert Blames Boulder Supermarket For Massacre - National Memo ›
- Americans Shouldn’t Have To Live In Foxholes - National Memo ›
- As Colorado's Lauren Boebert Condemns Shooting, Critics Flag Her ... ›
- 2 hours after the mass shooting in Colorado, Rep. Lauren Boebert ... ›
- Lauren Boebert triggers criticism for tweet mocking school shooting ... ›
- Lauren Boebert's Campaign Email Calls On Supporters To Say 'Hell ... ›
- Lauren Boebert sends fundraising email saying 'hell no to gun ... ›
- Critics Tell GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert What To Do With Her 'Prayers ... ›
- Rep. Boebert draws criticism for response to Boulder mass shooting ›
- Rep. Lauren Boebert criticized over gun display Zoom background ›
- Lauren Boebert causes holdup at U.S. House security stop ›